Sucker Punch Productions has released the Ghost of Tsushima update 2.17 (PS5 version 2.017) that introduces a new Custom Mode option to Platinum Survival in the Legends multiplayer mode, as well as a bunch of crafting system updates and more. Read up on the Ghost of Tsushima March 10 patch notes.
Ghost of Tsushima Update 2.17 Patch Notes | Ghost of Tsushima Update 2.017 Patch Notes | Ghost of Tsushima March 1- Patch Notes:
We hope everyone is enjoying Ghost of Tsushima: Legends as a bonus game in this month’s PlayStation Plus lineup! In the coming days, we’ll release Patch 2.17 (2.017.000 on PS5) for Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut and the Legends standalone. This patch focuses on Legends bug fixes and improvements and introduces a few new changes.
Patch 2.17 contains the following updates:
Added a new Custom Mode option to Platinum Survival. This allows players to enable up to four preset Difficulty Modifiers as well as up to three Nightmare hazards to be present in the match.
- This allows you to create your own custom Nightmare-style experience. Do you only want hwachas? You can do that!
- Similar to Photo Mode, matchmaking is disabled for Custom Mode, but it can be selected as a new Fill Party goal.
- In response to some players asking for an even higher level of challenge, it’s also possible to enable all of the above in a single match. Only the strongest Legends will be able to defeat every wave with all Difficulty Modifiers and hazards enabled, and all bonus objectives completed.
Crafting System Updates
- When re-rolling a gear property, Keep Existing Property has been replaced with Increase Existing Property. This provides a path for getting maximum stat values on gear without relying on RNG.
- Revised property rerolls. Rerolled stats will never decrease in effectiveness.
- Added the ability to reroll locked perks and stats on 120 Ki gear for the additional cost of one Purified Gear Item per reroll.
- Added accessibility option Dark Flash Bomb Effect. This changes the color of flash bomb screen effects to black. (This option applies to both Legends and the single-player campaign)
- Changed hwacha behavior so it won’t immediately target players upon spawning
- Assassins are now less likely to be targeted by enemies in the middle of a Chain Vanish streak
- Added a new Fill Party goal: Purify Cursed Objects
- Fixed a bug causing some Feats to incorrectly unlock when completing a mission on Platinum instead of Nightmare
- Replaced wave 12 world mod in Blood & Steel with Toxic Clouds •Fixed a rare issue where world modifiers would fail to network
- Resolved an error message that would occasionally appear after the conclusion of a match
- Localization fixes
Sucker Punch has also shared that a new patch is scheduled for next month, though refrained from sharing more details about it. For those who are members of PlayStation Plus, don’t forget that the multiplayer mode — Legends — is currently free.