Ubisoft and developer Red Storm have decided to delay the first DLC pack ‘Arctic Strike’ for Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. Arctic Strike was originally set to release on July 3rd, but now it has been pushed back to “later in July” according to Ubisoft.
“The first downloadable content pack for Ghost Recon Future Soldier is delayed until later in July, we’ll have an exact date soon. We decided to take a small amount of extra time to further polish the content,” reads Ubisoft’s statement.
Also, on the topic of the much await title update, Ubisoft announced that “there are multiple updates planned over the life of the game and the next title update is almost here – it is currently in submission.”
Here’s a preview of what the next title update will include, as posted on the game’s Facebook page. This list isn’t conclusive, but should give you a good idea of what will be fixed.
Matchmaking and Connection:
- Reduction in the peak bandwidth required;
- Improved tuning of host selection weighting;
- Players should no longer experience a decrease in their character’s displayed level;
PS3 Voice Chat:
- Fixed the primary issues causing players’ voice chat to periodically drop out;
- Fixed mute settings persisting in a session after a player left the lobby;
Private/System Link Kit Storage:
- Player’s last used kit per character will now persist across matches and sessions;
- Note that this is ONLY your last used kit per character and is shared between Private and System Link matches;
- Added code which lets us remotely tune the number of rounds in the Siege Gametype;
- Double-Time bonus no longer lost on respec – Players who had previously lost the bonus should have it restored after applying the title update;
- Fix for infinite loading screen ;
- Fixed a few infrequent crashes ;
- Fixed multiple progression and map exploits.