343 community manager Jessica Shea details next week’s playlist update.
Last Monday, Halo 4’s playlists saw the addition of Team Snipers, a Sniper-only game type that tests your wits and your marksmanship skills. Along with it came the following tweaks and fixes:
Monday, November 19 Update Notes:
- Fixed exploit locations on Complex
- Fixed exploit locations on Haven
- Fixed exploit locations on Ragnarok
- Increased daily XP cap
- Reduced weighting for Ragnarok in BTB/KotH/CTF
- Reduced weighting for Haven in Infinity Slayer and SWAT
Additionally, Shea mentioned in the latest Halo Bulletin that we can continue to expect Matchmaking fixes for exploits and glitches each Monday.
So, what about next week? First, those still enjoying the SWAT game mode will be happy to know that it will carry over yet again due to its popularity. Team Snipers, however, will be replaced with a brand new Free-For-All Throwback playlist including Oddball and King of the Hill. This will shift the focus of these otherwise team-based game modes from the team to the individual.
Maps appearing in the FFA Throwback playlist are:
Like last time, Shea provides some tips for first-time FFA Oddball and King of the Hill players
- While holding the ball, if your closest rival or the game leader is close to killing you, try throwing the Oddball away from them to deny them points.
- The Oddball is an instant kill with a melee attack. This is a huge help up-close.
- While holding the Oddball, remember that others can see your location.
- Grenades and weapons with high impulse will push the Oddball away. Use this to prevent an enemy from picking up the ball.
King of the Hill
- The points fanfare now counts up above your reticle. Keep an eye on exactly how many points you’re earning while in the hill.
- Timing when you go into the hill is a big game changer. It’s often best to clear out enemies before rushing in.
- Targeting your competition is huge. Take down your closest rivals vying for each valuable point in the hill.
- When a hill reaches 5 points or less, the next hill will be highlighted on your HUD as “INCOMING”. Keep an eye on this, and plan your moves in advance.
- On maps with vehicles, use them to help dominate a hill (and earn special vehicle hill medals while you do it!).
343 has the following settings planned for this FFA Throwback.
- Teams: 8-Player FFA
- Modes: Oddball, King of the Hill
- Score to Win – Oddball: 100
- Score to Win – King of the Hill: 50
- Time Limit: 12 Minutes
Excited for som FFA action?