Halo 5: Guardians‘ second major update is now live on Xbox One. It delivers the long awaited, new-and-improved Forge mode, along with a ton of new REQs, new maps, and a handful of gameplay, playlist, and user interface improvements.
If you’re a Halo fan, you’ve probably been keeping up with everything new in the free update. But on the chance you want everything in one place, developer 343 Industries has published the final change log, including all of the new updates.
To see the new REQs and final patch notes, keep reading. You can also read up on everything in more detail over on the official Halo Waypoint page.
What are you trying out first after downloading the latest goods? Tell us in the comments!
HALO 5: GUARDIANS – CARTOGRAPHER’S GIFT UPDATE
New Features and Content
- Forge is now available!
- Added a basic implementation of File Browser. Players can now bookmark and share custom maps and modes through Active Roster, by following (or become friends with) a player.
- Over 30 new REQs including weapons, armor, emblems, and more have been added.
- Battle of Noctus map added to Warzone.
- Overgrowth map added to Arena.
- Entombed and Antifreeze maps added to Big Team Battle.
- Commendations and Service Record for Spartan Companies have been added, and can be tracked on Halo Channel and HaloWaypoint.com.
- Social playlists have been added (Big Team Battle and Holiday Social).
- Holiday Doubles playlist added (ranked).
- Advanced controller setting options have been added, including controls for aim acceleration as well as deadzone controls. These settings are automatically set to the previous defaults you’ve been playing on. Full details here.
- Seasons for ranked playlists have been added; The January 2016 Season begins today.
- Enabled the ability to purchase multiple gold REQ Packs in one single purchase, several of which include free bonus packs. (These will be coming online within the next few days).
- FFA playlist reduced to 6 players from 8 players.
- Fixed the Warzone Assault armory exploit
- Replaced Scorpion on Recurve with Gauss Warthog.
- Removed Mantis from Guillotine and added a Warthog for each team.
- Fixed spawning bug that sometimes spawned a player on Red team in the Blue base on Deadlock at the start of a match.
- Fixed an issue where players could escape Gambol’s normal play boundaries.
- Added interactive switches to Deadlock to control window shutters and doors for each base.
- Fixed a bug in Breakout that awarded kills after the flag has been captured.
- Add Flag Grabs statistic to the post-game carnage report.
- Fixed a Free-For-All bug where kills were shown in scoreboard rather than score.
- Added medal for melee’s performed to an enemy’s back.
- Added in-game text for Flag Driver medal.
- Improved stability when joining a Fireteam’s Campaign mission in progress.
- Joining a Fireteam’s Campaign mission in progress will no long force all Fireteam members back to the character select screen.
- Fixed a bug on Guardians that hindered a player’s movement if they’ve died and were unable to complete the mission.
- Adjusted CSR placements for SWAT and FFA playlists.
- Fixed bugs surrounding players being placed too high across all playlists.
- Amount of REQ Points and number of unopened REQ packs will be visible during intermission and in Lobby.
- Fixed bug around Fireteam sorting – The Fireteam Leader will now be displayed at the top followed by his or her team in alphabetical order by Gamertag. For Custom Games, all other teams will be grouped together and then sorted alphabetically as well.
- Friend Status will now be visible from the Friends list so you can see what your friends are doing in Halo 5: Guardians.
- Fixed bug around Friend sorting so it sorts online and offline friends alphabetically.
Spartan Hub / REQs:
- REQ Rarity and Description will be visible for all REQs when opening a REQ pack or browsing your Collection whether you own it or not.
- REQ Energy Cost will also be displayed for all REQs when opening a REQ pack or browsing your REQ Collection.
Spectate / Theater:
- Added hidden controls to change player POV for up to 8 players in the match. Holding left trigger will enable the use of the d-pad and ABXY face buttons to change player POV on the fly. Players are mapped to buttons alphabetically.
- Added ability to change player POV from the Scoreboard. Press the View button to bring up the Scoreboard; use d-pad to navigate and A-button to select a POV.
- Fixed bug aroundPlayer POV Selector sorting. It will now sort by team, and then alphabetically by Gamertag.
- Fixed bug around controls for Zooming while in Free Cam.
- Fixed bug around not being able to hide the Player POV Selector in some cases when toggling UI visibility.
- Fixed a bug where ending a theater film placed players into a solo campaign lobby
- Added ability to play and pause film while UI is hidden using the A button.
- The location callout will now appear when dead, spectating, in Smart-Link, etc.
- The Highest Score per Column in the in-game Scoreboard will have a visual callout allowing you to see very quickly which player has the most kills, most assists, and least deaths.
- Added advanced controller options. Full details here.
- Improved ping times to dedicated servers in matchmaking.
- Improved gameplay quality under network conditions with high packet loss.
- Seasons end point added to metadata