Are you playing Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Halo MCC) on Xbox One or PC and want to play against the other platform? You’ll be able to later this year, as 343 Industries has confirmed Halo MCC crossplay is coming in 2020!
This was announced by the studio in the latest Halo Waypoint post, where a list of features planned for this year were revealed:
FEATURES PLANNED FOR RELEASE IN 2020
- Input Based MM
- Sever Region Selection
- Custom Game Browser
- Per Game Graphics Options
- Per Game Audio Options
- M&K Support for Xbox
- PC Fileshare
- Double Keybinds for all games
- Viewmodel adjustments for all games
- In game FPS Cap/Adjustments
- Steam Account Linking
I can also give you a window into some features that are planned to be released together based on how they’re progressing:
- Planned to release together: Crossplay, Input Based MM, and Server Region Selection.
- Planned to release together: Custom Game Browser, Per Game Graphics Options, and M&K Support for Xbox
Unfortunately, no release window was given, though we’re expecting it in one of the major updates to the game.
In other Halo multiplayer news, 343 Industries is hopeful for a beta for Halo Infinite, though can’t say for certain whether we’ll get one before release. Speaking of which, Halo Infinite’s multiplayer has been confirmed to be free-to-play, and will run at 120fps.