Just last week, 343 Industries teased that there will be a “new way and place to play” Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Halo MCC), which gave people the impression that the game would appear on other platforms or even retailers (Epic Game Store, etc.).
- Related Reading: Halo infinite PvP & PvE to Be Balanced Separately, “Never-Before-Seen” Weapon to Be Introduced
Unfortunately, that doesn’t seem to be the case, as 343 has revealed that this “new way and place to play” Halo MCC is a tease for the game’s upcoming custom game browser which will be added via a public flight update this coming week (planned for February 18).
Next week we are planning to kick off our first flights for MCC in 2021! In last week’s MCC Flighting & Development Update, we talked about some of the features players can expect. If all goes well in Rings 1 and 2, we plan to roll out our next public flight as early as next Thursday, February 18. While all of the contents of the flight are subject to change, some of the features we’re hoping to include are:
- Custom Game Browser: a new way to play with each other in MCC
- Season 6 content
- A new map for Halo 3 from Halo Online
- FOV slider support for all Xbox One consoles
- FOV slider will no longer be locked when Xbox Series X|S devices are set to 120hz
- Double Keybindings
- Mouse & Keyboard support for consoles
- Advanced Audio options
- View Model Customization options
While this might have disappointed some gamers, I guess this is to be expected. If 343 (and Microsoft) will indeed roll out Halo MCC on other platforms or digital retailers, they’d make a bigger deal of it than have it tucked away in a forum post, no?
Were you hoping for something else from this tease or did it play out exactly like you imagined it would?