While the patch is out, the expansion launch is scheduled for these times:
Americas Region: December 7 12:00 PM PST
Asia Region: December 8 9:00 AM KST
Europe Region: December 8 05:00 AM CET
Hearthstone‘s latest patch launches the new expansion, Kobolds & Catacombs, which is rolling out now. The expansion includes: 135 new cards, three progressive quests, Legendary weapon collectable cards, and more.
For the full list of patch notes, see below:
Kobolds & Catacombs introduces:
– Dungeon Run: FREE repeatable single-player experience where everything you need is provided!
– Legendary weapon collectible cards for ALL nine classes
– A new keyword: Recruit
– Two new card types: Spellstones and Unidentified Items
– In total, 135 new cards to add to your collection!
– Added three progressive Dungeon Run quests that each reward a Kobolds & Catacombs card pack*.
– Defeat Dungeon Run with all nine classes to acquire the Candle King card back!
– New daily quest – Spelunker: Defeat 5 Dungeon Run encounters. Reward: 1 Classic card pack.
– The Hearth and Home cinematic has replaced the previous Hearthstone cinematic.
Added the following card backs:
– Azeroth is Burning – Acquired from a special promotion.
– Catacomber – Acquired from achieving Rank 20 in Ranked Play, December 2017
– Frostfire – Acquired from achieving Rank 20 in Ranked Play, January 2018
– Improved reconnection and UI for Friendly Challenges.
– A new Match Paused pop-up will display a countdown while waiting for opponent to reconnect.
– When a player reconnects, the turn timer will restart.
– The Game Menu will now display ‘End Game’ instead of ‘Concede’ and clicking it will tie the match.
– Arena draft appearance rates have been adjusted.
– Note: Non-Basic Neutral Classic minions represent the baseline for draft appearance rates.
– Basic/classic neutral minion: .5x
– Non-basic/classic neutral minion: 1x
– Most recent set neutral minion: 2x
– Basic class minion: 2x
– Basic class spell: 3.5x
– Non-basic/classic class minion: 2x
– Non-basic/classic class spell/weapon: 3.5x
– Most recent set class minion: 4x
– Most recent set class spell/weapon: 7x
– As part of our ongoing efforts to improve Class balance in the Arena, we are making small, periodic appearance rate adjustments to specific Arena cards.
– Fixed a crash that could occur when attempting to spectate without closing the Arena welcome message.
– Canceling Malfurion the Pestilent will no longer cause Armor to become invisible.
– Attacks with Lifesteal will no longer create excessive animations while Auchenai Soulpriest and Bolf Ramshield are on the board.
– Multi-target effects with Lifesteal now apply their healing as a single large heal, rather than individually.
– All Lifesteal effects now use the same, standardized, visual and sound effects.
– Combo effects can no longer target non-interactable minions such as Sherazin, Seed.
– Brann Bronzebeard will no longer grant double Lifesteal to Corpsetaker.
– Blingtron’s Battlecry will now trigger weapon Deathrattles when it occurs twice due to Brann Bronzebeard.
– Minions destroyed by Frostmourne will now be displayed on its enchantment banner.
– Losing durability from Sword of Justice will no longer sometimes cause Lifesteal to trigger.
– Deathstalker Rexxar’s Battlecry no longer benefits from effects on an equipped weapon, such as Poisonous or Lifesteal.
– Unwilling Sacrifice’s random targeting will no longer select an enemy Spellbender that has intercepted an Unwilling Sacrifice.
– Granting a Deathrattle to Scavenging Hyena, then playing Terrorscale Stalker on it will no longer give it +2/+1.
– Resolved a crash that could occur when playing a Quest spell that triggers Counterspell.
– Cards transformed by Golden Kobold will no longer sometimes be revealed to your opponent.
– The animation for Frost Nova will no longer play multiples times while Moorabi is on the board.
– Hovering over a Quest in progress as your turn starts will no longer cause cards that provide progress toward completing it to lose class specific border colors.
– Replacing a Cursed Blade with a Cursed Blade will no longer remove the ‘cursed’ animation on the Hero portrait.
– Application of the Bolster buff will no longer be slightly delayed on an eligible minion that was played last onto a full board.
– Joust and other card reveal effects will now function correctly if your deck contains 60 cards.
– Shiftcon: Minions with a Yellow glow will no longer retain it when they shift into a new minion.
– Tag Team: Resolved an issue that could cause the match to end prematurely when swapping Heroes.
– Decks Assemble: Resolved a crash that could occur when the turn ends while your opponent controls Jeeves.
– [Mobile] Fixed a bug where card tooltips would sometime appear at the edge of the screen and get cut off on mobile devices
– [Android] Region selection on Android tablets will no longer sometimes be blank.
What do you think to the latest update? Are you looking forward to giving the expansion a go? Let us know below.
In other gaming news, EA says that 35% of players spend money on Ultimate Team, there’s a new Destiny 2 exotic weapon that is super overpowered and needs a big fix, and the Call of Duty: WWII “Winter Siege” event details have been revealed.
Source: Play Hearthstone