In case you didn’t know, a rather huge Call of Duty: Modern Warfare patch was rolled out earlier this week with version number 1.13. While this brought a list of gameplay changes and whatnot, it also seems to have done a number of stealth nerfs and changes too.
For those curious, here’s a list of the known Modern Warfare update 1.13 stealth changes (meaning Infinity Ward didn’t disclose these changes in the notes or publicly) that we know of, as well as changes that aren’t working the way they should as intended.
Modern Warfare update 1.13 stealth changes:
- Playing the objectives will NOT charge your Field Upgrades; kills will but capping flags, getting tags in Kill Confirmed, etc., won’t help charge your Field Upgrades.
- FN-Scar 17 horizontal recoil reduce is actually a vertical reduction. Notes mention it as horizontal recoil reduction (image via XclusiveAce):
- Crash map A flag air conditioning unit made bigger as to make the player more exposed (pic via Reddit user liqhtshow):
- RAM-7 extended mag attachment still gives 45 bullets instead of the listed 50
- Stopping Power change listed as “Fix for Stopping Power Rounds not applying the correct damage boost to headshots” but makes it a two-shot kill for the FAL and Oden post-patch (it was a one-hit kill for upper torso except headshots pre-patch).
Objective bar for capping flags, etc., has been moved higher and fades out as to not obstruct view (via Szozzo):
So far, the stuff listed above are what we know that got stealth changed without any mention in the patch notes. If we find more, we’ll add it to the post. Why is Infinity Ward doing this? Your guess is as good as mine, but it is annoying for gamers to have to test these things to find out.
Have you noticed any other changes not mentioned in the patch notes? If so, share them in the comments.
More Modern Warfare Reading: