Milestone has delivered another Hot Wheels Unleashed patch this week, which makes htis the second title update of the week! The Hot Wheels Unleashed update 1.09 patch is live now on all platforms, and is a small download.
Hot Wheels Unleashed Update 1.09 Patch Notes:
Size: 270MB (PC)
Update: Per the PS4 update history:
Fixed a problem with local liveries preventing the game to start up.
Unfortunately, Milestone has not released the official patch notes for today’s update just yet. We expeting it to be for bug fixes more than anything else.
There is a Hot Wheels Unleashed design competittion on-going right now wheere players can see their in-game creations turn into physical die-cast models.
Details on that:
The contest runs between January 14, 2022 and February 14, 2022. Participants will design a livery for the Hot Wheels® Rodger Dodger™ die-cast model using the in-game Livery Editor. The winning Rodger Dodger will be transformed into a real Hot Wheels toy (scale 1:64) available for purchase globally in December 2022.
You can read more about that here.
For those unaware, there was a patch released yesterday, January 13, which included the following changes:
- Fixed cached liveries not correctly displayed for some users.
Previously downloaded community liveries should now appear correctly for everyone.
- Improved the UI of the multiplayer main page.
We added some information about the currently equipped vehicle and the player profile.
- Improved track selection logics for multiplayer races.
In the Track Voting page, we added one slot for the community tracks and retuned the randomization logic to increase the variety of available tracks.
- Fixed Rare cars showing up as Secrets in lobby.
Other UI / UX:
- Added prices to the DLC page.
Now each DLC will show the price taken from its corresponding platform store.
- Split Screen: fixed the controller selection menu to correctly display available options.
- Added Player’s Profile customizations (icon, background and tag) to the leaderboards and UGC pages.
- Added an indicator in the HUD of point-to-point races to show the percentage of the track completed.
- In track selection, added an icon to distinguish point-to-point and circuits tracks.
- Numerous bug fixes and stability improvements.
PC Version only:
- Added support for less common resolution monitors
If we get more details regarding today’s patch, we’ll be sure to update the post.