In case you didn’t see it, yesterday we ran a post touching on the problems Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Infinity Ward had when it comes to racism in the game. Thankfully, Infinity Ward has now spoken out on the Modern Warfare racist names and issues the game has, and what the studio is doing.
Over on Twitter, the official studio account tweeted the following:
— Infinity Ward (@InfinityWard) June 3, 2020
There is no place for racist content in our game. This is an effort we began with launch and we need to do a better job. We’re issuing thousands of daily bans of racist and hate-oriented names. But we know we have to do more — and we are:
- Addiing additional resources to monitor and ID racist content
- Adding additional in-game reporting systems to increase the number of bans by hour
- Adding filters and greater restrictions on name changes
- Evaluating in-game improvements to make it easier to report offenses
- Increasing permanent bans to root out repeat offenders
We apologize to our players. This is our commitment to you, our fans, thank you.
While this is a nice message by Infinity Ward, it shouldn’t have taken months for them to send a message. I mean, would the studio even do an announcement like this one if it wasn’t for the protests and rallies going on around the world?
Are you happy with Infinity Ward’s message or does it feel a bit tacked-on? Let us know your thoughts down below.