Insurgency and developer New World Interactive are back with a new update that not only introduces two brand new competitive and cooperative maps, but also delivers some long awaited features and improvements such as matchmaking preference saving.
For those who are looking to freshen up their tactical shooter experience, Tell and Station (Station also comes with a night variant) are the two new maps added to the PvP and coop mix. Additionally, updates are also being made to previously existing maps.
Full patch notes below courtesy of the game’s Steam page.
- New PVP maps:
- Tell (Push, Ambush, Strike, Occupy)
- Station and Station Night (Push, Firefight, Ambush, Strike, Occupy)
- New Coop maps:
- Tell (Checkpoint)
- Station (Hunt)
- New Insurgent Gurkha knife
- Updated Coop maps:
- Peak (Hunt)
- Heights (Hunt)
- Market (Hunt, Checkpoint)
- Revolt (Hunt)
- Added support for Soft Particles (option to enable or disable in Video Settings). This effect improves the volumetric look of various kinds of particles including dust and smoke using a technique called depth feathering.
- Matchmaking preferences are now saved from your last session.
- Fixed some thread safety issues with the main menu HTML that was causing some rare startup crashes.
- Fixed an animation-related Linux dedicated server crash.
- Fixed a Linux dedicated server crash related to AI nav area checks in Coop.
- Re-enabled render batching to improve stability on Revolt.
- Scope parallax effect has been adjusted so its quicker and never obstructs the center of crosshairs.
- New sprint and crawl animations for pistols and grenades.
- New knife animations.
- In Push and Strike, each team will have access to different classes depending on if they are attacking or defending.
- In Strike, both teams will know where the cache is located at the start of the round.
- In Hunt, enemies are now more responsive to a cache being blown up, and hunt players at the end more consistently.
- The matchmaking process will now ignore servers you have on your server browser blacklist.
- Improved overview art for District, Market, Ministry, Revolt, Siege, and Uprising
- Separate crosshair texture for Mosin 7x.
- Fixed being able to skip the bolt sequence on a sniper rifle by hitting reload and quickly switching weapons.
- Fixed 7x Scope not being visible on the SKS world model.
- Fixed M40 crosshair rendering in front of lens.
- Fixed restricted area at SEC spawn on Market skirmish.
- Fixed Invisible wall in Sinjar and small displacement seam.
- Fixed issue preventing direct impact damage from grenades from working.