A new update is hitting Zero Point Software’s PC, Mac, and Linux shooter, Interstellar Marines, that will introduce three co-op and single player maps along with three new game modes.
Update 14: Tactical Incursion follows last month’s NeuroGen Incident update, which added new co-op and story elements to the game.
In this new update, now live, the co-op game modes Survival and Elimination have been added to community-favorite maps Operations and Stronghold, respectively. Nucleus, the demo that was showcased at PAX Prime 2014, has also been updated and can now be played in the Escape co-op mode. New ‘mystery’ updates were also made to Get Killed by Bots.
You can check out the full list of fixes and tweaks in the official Update 14 changelog below. There’s also a new video overview the studio put together that you can watch above!
Interstellar Marines Update 14: Tactical Incursion
- ADDED: Escape game mode to Nucleus for co-op and singleplayer. Nucleus is the new name for the PAX demo map.
- ADDED: Survival game mode to Operations for co-op and singleplayer gameplay
- ADDED: Elimination game mode to Stronghold for co-op and singleplayer gameplay
- ADDED: Hotfix 1 and 2 from Update 13
- ADDED: AI can no longer see through foliage (specifically added for the Stronghold map)
- ADDED: AI Guards can now spawn with either SMG or AR
- UPDATED: Get Killed By Bots has been updated with iteration 1 of the War mode
- UPDATED: AI for Defective and Guards tweaked and upgraded
- UPDATED: Killing a CTR now rewards you with 5 TPs
- UPDATED: Stronghold to make it more compatible with the Elimination game mode and CTRs
- The HUD names and kill messages will be clipped on aspect ratios that are less wide than 16:10
- The game will stop updating when switching out of fullscreen in Windows (known bug in Unity 4)
- View jittering may occur when jumping on lossy networks
- Audio may cut off partially/completely on weapon/helmet sounds
- Other players will seem to float above or interpenetrate while standing on a moving dynamic platforms (network smoothing will exaggerate this effect)
- Mainline and Mainline Winter maps have been temporarily removed from the multiplayer map rotation
- Team Domination has been removed until issues can be fixed
- Potential to fall through elevator when moving
- Sometimes bots will not appear in single player maps. Restart the game and they will appear
- When joining Nucleus you may be in spectator mode. Have a team mate TK the player you are spectating, and then rejoin the server
- Number 1 clan logo does not show up in the scoreboard. Current number 1 clan is -TEK-
- FIXED: “Audio log progress for The NeuroGen Incident not showing on Steam achievement page”
- FIXED: “Keycard not spawning in the crew area of The NeuroGen Incident”
- FIXED: “Achievements show up in the Profile tab”
Interstellar Marines is now in Early Access on Steam.