Today, independent game development studio New World Interactive officially launches their tactical multiplayer first-person shooter INSURGENCY on Steam for Mac and PC users for a cool $14.99.
However, you can pick it up anytime between today and Tuesday, January 28, at a discounted price of $13.49. INSURGENCY launches on Linux later this year.
Built on Valve’s Source engine, INSURGENCY is a lethal, team-based, and life-like shooter originally based off the Counter-Strike mod, Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat from a talented team of developers with a background in other shooters like Red Orchestra.
The game supports 32-person multiplayer as well six-player cooperative, and also sports a training level to ease the learning curve for newcomers. All future updates and DLC are included in the full price of INSURGENCY.
Check out the official feature list and some new screens below and be sure to visit the game’s official Steam page right here.
- Tactical squad-based gameplay
- Intense 32-player adversarial online action with a focus on teamwork
- Six-player cooperative play versus AI bots
- 10 challenging and fun gameplay defined by matchmaking play styles: Tactical Operation playlist (Firefight, VIP, and Search and Destroy modes), Sustained Combat playlist (Skirmish, Strike, and Push modes) and Cooperative (Checkpoint, Outpost and Hunt modes)
- Customizable arsenal featuring more than 20 realistic weapon types, seven attachments, and five ammunition types. Gear changes affect player weight, stamina, and movement speed:
Insurgent weapons: AKS-74U, MP-40, RPK, RPG-7, and more
Security weapons: Mk18, UMP-45, M9, AT-4, and more
Shared weapons: M67 frag, M18 smoke, C4, and more
- Several customizable and asymmetrical squad roles that affect movement and play style on the battlefield.
- Highly immersive audio with 3D VOIP to coordinate with and track other players
- Seven in-game maps:
Contact – Darkness brings a close quarters clash to the Iraqi streets
District – Cavernous streets and alleyways unleash lethality at every corner
Heights – With the spring thaw, an insurgent offensive emerges from the foothills
Market – Under a bright African sun, a crash site becomes a flashpoint
Ministry – An Iraqi government building is the scene of intense room-to-room clearing
Siege – Dusty streets and shops clear the way for a shoot out
Peak – Deep in the valleys of Afghanistan, a lone combat outpost awaits the inevitable
- Full support of Steam Achievements and Stats
- DLC post launch – providing updated gameplay, maps, and weapons with new implemented features that players desire to see in game
Be on the lookout for our official review of INSURGENCY soon!