Keeping true to their word, Double Helix has finally released an update for Killer Instinct that would stop the wrong players from being sent to jail and addresses some issues regarding the latest character addition, Spinal.
Check out the patch notes below, courtesy of the Double Helix forums:
Jail System Adjustments
- All “Jail” stats have been RESET aka “clean slate”
- Fix to bug where BOTH players would go to jail on disconnect
- Adjusted percentage rate for match disconnects that will cause the user to be sent to jail.
- Fix for Spinal teleport causing crash/ de-sync in corner against back dashing opponents.
- Fix to manuals being unbreakable after using the dive kick as an opener
- Fix to counter breakers not being accessible when using a divekick as an opener.
- Fix to second Spinal divekick snapping to ground if you do it while opponent is still in reaction from first dive kick
- Fix bug with Spinal skeleport linker not crossing up correctly
- Users no longer lose points when losing a match in Survival Mode
- Fixed an issue where progression data would not save. All user data, items acquired, etc. should now save properly.
- Potential Fix for Ultra audio glitch (may still happen and needs more investigation).
- If you perform an ULTRA COMBO in-game, you automatically win the match. Players who disconnected while their opponents perform a match-winning ULTRA COMBO, will take a loss on their win/loss stats.
- Fixed an issue where players would soft-lock on the character/stage loading screen. This issue has been resolved.
- The character select option from “Replays” has been removed.
Additionally, during today’s Play XBLA stream, it was announced that if a Season Two happens, Killer Instinct players can expect it to follow the same model as the first season.