Shooter fans, as well as fans of Square Enix’s Thief series, will have something special waiting for them after downloading the latest patch for Team Fortress 2.
Celebrating Eidos Montreal’s recent launch of Thief, Team Fortress 2 is introducing a number of Thief-related items, including a Bow Weapon for the sniper class and four other items. You can view all the new items through this link.
Alongside the new Thief-related items, the latest Team Fortress 2 patch has addressed the following issues:
- Added new promo items
- Fixed a client crash caused by trying to load an invalid URL
- Fixed Medigun particle beams not always appearing while healing players in DirectX 8
- Fixed a case where clients would hear/see crit effects when their attack was not a crit
- Fixed the Carbonado Botkiller Minigun using the incorrect material for the Minigun
- Fixed a Mann vs. Machine bug related to upgrades after a retry/reconnect
- Updated the Unarmed Combat to add the item_type description
- Updated sv_pure so client will detect corrupt or modified VPK files
- Use Steam to verify local cache to fix corrupt files
- Use the custom folder to customize the game
- Item server stability:
- Improved performance when manipulating multiple items at the same time (claiming multiple item drops, etc.)
- Improved performance fetching persona names for item descriptions (gifted by, etc.)
- Improved performance generating Steam Community Market data for item tooltips
Are you a Thief fan? Looking forward to any of the new in-game items?