Tomorrow marks the day League of Legends receive its definitive patch.
Riot Games has decided update 4.14 is most likely the patch that will be used for the upcoming 2014 League of Legends World Championship which will take place in Korea. This time, unlike last patch, it’s rather small since all major changes have already been made, and it’s now the time to get everything perfect for the big event.
Check out the patch notes below:
Gnar, The Missin Link will be released during patch 4.14 at a later date (Gnar will most likely be disabled from the World Championship).
- Updated recommended items
E – Body Slam
- Gragas now always travels the full distance in the direction of the cast (still stops when it hits its first target)
R – Riftwalk
- Cooldown is now 20 seconds (up from 12 seconds)
- Kayle currently has a bug where she receives 2.5 attack speed instead of 2.2 attack speed per level. A bug fix is being worked.
- Base Movement Speed: 325 (down from 330)
E – Void Ooze
- New particles that look more gross to fit Kog’Maw’s visuals
R – Living Artillery
- Bonus Base Magic Damage: 100% (down from 125%)
W – Whimsy
- Tooltip fixed to correctly state the polymorph duration as 1.25 to 2.25 seconds (from 1.5 to 2.5 seconds). The actual value remains unchanged
W – Twisted Advance
- Base Magic Damage: 9/10/11/12/13% max health (down from 9/10.5/12/13.5/15% max health)
- Ability Power Ratio: +3% max health damage per 100 AP (down from 4%)
R – Vengeful Maelstrom
- Maximum Duration: 10 seconds (it had infinite duration)
E – Black Shield
- Base Shield: 70/140/210/280/350 (down from 95/160/225/290/355)
R – Soul Shackles
- Base Magic Damage: 150/225/300 (down from 175/250/325)
- Total Possible Magic Damage Per Target: 300/450/600 (down from 350/500/650)
- Base Attack Damage: 41 (down from 47)
- Fixed a bug where Rengar would not leap from a bush he had recently flashed to.
Head of Kha’Zix
- Rengar has now an increased vision range while in a brush with the Head of Kha’Zix
R – Thrill of the Hunt
- Warning indicator now appears even if Rengar was in the fog of war when he is within 1250 range of the opponent.
- Range Indicator: Range Indicator is now 1250 (up from 1000)
- Cooldown: 150/110/70 seconds (up from 120/95/70)
R – Unleashed Power
- Fixed a bug where Unleashed Power’s dark speres would still deal damage to targets who had become untargetable (like Elise’s rappel, Zhonya’s Hourglass, Playful/Trickster)
E – Flay
- Thanks to an outstanding member of the community, Thresh’s longstanding Flay bug where he would fail to move opponents has been fixed
R – Rite of the Arcane
- The delay between Arcane Barrages is now fixed to 6 seconds between individual shots (now steady instead of being reduced by cooldown reduction)
R – Death Mark
- When Zed uses his Death Mark on a target, he dashes behind them (Previously he dashed in front of them)
- Zed now ignores unit collision while the Death Mark is active on its target
And that’s it for this update. It’s incredibly small in comparison to the last three patches, but that’s mostly because there is no room for error. Everything needs to be perfect in order for it to be used as the official 2014 League of Legends World Championship patch.
You can expect an upcoming preview about every team that will be attending the Championship next month!