While we just got a patch for Madden 21 last week, EA Vancouver has released the Madden 21 update 1.14 October 15 patch today! This brings quite a number of fixes for the Franchise and Madden Ultimate Team and more! Head on below for the patch notes.
Madden 21 Update 1.14 October 15 Patch Notes:
- General MUT & Franchise bug fixes
- Resolved an issue with player-indicator flashing for Pass Lead abilities; Set Feet Lead and Pass Lead Elite was not giving consistent feedback when activating. Now the Star or X underneath the player will light-up appropriately when using these abilities.
- Addressed an issue with receivers dropping the ball from late collisions by defenders.
- DEV NOTE: In these situations, the receiver would seem to have brought the ball in and secured it but the late collision from a defender would have the ball awkwardly dribble out of the receiver’s hand(s). We have now made the window for knocking the ball out from a normal collision smaller so defenders will no longer be able to knock the ball out so late.
- Fixed an issue with defenders in man coverage not reacting appropriately to a receiver on a Bubble route in RPO plays.
- Tuning to increase AI pass-rush on All-Pro and All-Madden skill levels. When AI pass rushers win their matchup, they will beat their block sooner.
- Addressed an issue with left-handed QB always running option run plays to the left regardless of the designed run direction.
- DEV NOTE: We are aware that left-handed QB’s are also running the wrong direction on QB Power plays, and that fix will be in a future title update, as we were unable to squeeze it into this one.
- Fixed an issue sometimes causing the ball to be incorrectly spotted on the 35-yard line when a kick returner would catch the ball right on the line at the back of the endzone.
- Added logic for user-controlled ball carriers to be able to trigger fake-outs using basic ball carrier skill moves on Arcade, as opposed to only combo moves.
Madden Ultimate Team Updates:
- Fixed and issue on the compare screen that showed the default X-factor on a player item
- Adjusted how Solo Battle CPU teams are evaluated.
- Face of the Franchise Updates:
- Fixed an issue with users playing as a HB receiving temporary ratings boosts for QB related ratings
- Fixed an issue with some abilities appearing twice in the edit player screen
- Franchise Updates:
- Fixed an issue with older, high OVR Free Agents being removed from the game before users have a chance to sign them
- Fixed an issue where players received Morale and Legacy changes during pre-season games
The Yard Updates:
- Stability and reliability improvements
- Fixed an issue with Oilers uniforms
- Raiders updated to Grass field
- Washington End Zones updated
- Atlanta End Zones updated
- Updated Captains patch stars and C’s not updating correctly
Once we get a new title update for the football sim, we’ll let our readers know.