As expected given the previous announcement, Crystal Dynamics has released the Marvel’s Avengers update 1.60 patch, which is for title update 2.2.4 ((updated to reflect the proper version number))! This patch has gameplay tweaks for rewards, Mega Hives and more! Read on for the Marvel’s Avengers February 22 patch notes.
Marvel’s Avengers Update 1.60 Patch Notes | Marvel’s Avengers February 22 Patch Notes:
Update: Crystal Dynamics has acknowledged today’s patch, and sadly, it’s not the 2.3 patch (sorry for that), but rather, it’s called version 2.2.4! Here’s what the studio had to say via their official Discord channel:
While Crystal Dynamics has not released the official patch notes yet, the studio did reveal what’s incoming with this title update just last week.
- Checkpoint Rewards for the Discordant Sound Raid
- We have changed the setup of rewards to drop from major encounters in the Raid, rather than all at the end. There are now four instances in the Raid that will award Gear.
- This also means the normal Raid will drop an additional Klaw Minor Artifact (though it will not improve your Power Level). We are still looking at improving the subsequent rewards and will update you when we have that plan finalized.
- The new Mission Chain panel lists the order and what encounter gives you Gear.
- Reward Edits for OLT/Raid
- We have added Units as a reward to both the Mission Chain and the Mission itself.
- This means you will earn 1000 Units when you complete it the first time per week, and 500 Units for each subsequent completion.
- Vault/Villain Sector Rewards
- The rewards for these missions have undergone an overhaul.
- Vaults no longer need coordinates and can be picked up from the SHIELD Faction mission giver. One weekly Elite Vault and Villain Sector will also be a part of the weekly updates.
- The Missions will always stay on the War Table, and their rewards now have a chance to drop the Exotic variants of their sets. Completing the daily and weekly Mission Chains gives a higher chance at the Exotic.
- The weekly Elite Mission Chains will also award two pieces of Gear: one will be either Melee or Ranged, and the other will be either Defense or Heroic.
- The Gear Set that is awarded from Villain Sectors has also changed, but we will have more on that later—stay tuned!
- Hero-Bound Mega Hives
- We will be making more Missions and Mission Chains Hero-Bound, including the Mega Hive.
- The Mega Hives will work a little differently from other Hero-Bound Missions because of the elimination mechanic. If your Hero is above Power Level 140, even if you are knocked out during the Mega Hive, you will be able to claim weekly rewards after completing the Hive. Once those rewards are claimed, the Mission Chain will restart.
- The first weekly completion per Hero will grant rewards. If you’d like to claim more rewards on the same Hero again, you will have to wait until the weekly reset.
- We are looking forward to going into detail about more updates to rewards and Missions in the future.
Once the offiical patch notes are out, we’ll be sure to update the post.
Update: Post has been updated to reflect the proper patch version number, as well as what Crystal Dynamics has shared regarding today’s patch. Apologies for any inconvenience we might have caused.