Crystal Dynamics has released Marvel’s Avengers update 1.79 this April 6, which is for update version 2.8.2! While the big 2.8 patch was intended to be the game’s final update, bugs arose along the way that needed more patches. This time it’s legit, as the studio has confirmed that this title update is indeed the last one before the game’s decommission on storefronts this September.
Dive in to see what got fixed in the Marvel’s Avengers update 2.8.2 patch notes!
Marvel’s Avengers Update 1.79 Patch Notes| Marvel’s Avengers Update 2.8.2 Patch Notes:
Reassemble Campaign & Avengers Initiative
- Update 2.8.2 addresses the issue preventing founders – any player who has earned an Achievement/Trophy prior to April 1 – from receiving Iron Man’s ‘Variable Threat Response Battle Suit.’
- Some players aren’t able to receive this Founders’ Gift if they migrated from PS4 to PS5 and didn’t earn any Trophies before April 1. Update 2.8.2 offers this workaround:
- Load the PS4 version of Marvel’s Avengers, and equip the Variable Threat Response Battle Suit. Then, migrate your PS4 save to PS5. If you do this, the next time you log in on the PS5 version, the Outfit will be unlocked.
- On other platforms, the Founders’ Gift may appear as locked for players who deleted their original save file and are playing on a new save file. Restarting the game will unlock the Founders’ Gift for these players.
- We have removed all Hero Card-related objectives to fix the issue where Update 2.8’s removal of Hero Cards prevented the completion of certain mission chains.
Yep, that’s about it. Gamers will still be able to play the game’s single-player offline, so there’s at least that.
Source: Avengers Crystal Dynamics