While a massive patch for Marvel’s Avengers has just been released, it seems there’s one bug that the devs failed to exterminate. Over on Twitter, Crystal Dynamics announced that the Marvel’s Avengers weekly challenge bug is being investigated, and what’s worse, this could result in a crash.
Due to an issue that has been discovered, we advise to refrain from refreshing your Weekly Challenges if you're seeing a missing one as doing so may result in a crash. We're currently investigating this and will update with more information.
— Marvel's Avengers (@PlayAvengers) September 19, 2020
Yeah, that’s not good. Hopefully, that gets sorted out soon, and that it won’t require a new patch that needs downloading. While the patch fixed a lot of technical issues and gameplay-related bugs, there are still a few that’s persistent in the game, and the studio has issued a list of workarounds for known issues. These run the gamut from mission bugs, skill point issues and more.
Known Issues & Workarounds
THE MISSION “INTERROGATION ANXIETY” CANNOT BE COMPLETED
- Presentation: Rarely this presents as an inability to continue in the mission Interrogation Anxiety due to not being able to interact with specific characters.
- Status [9/18]: We identified and addressed one major scenario that should fix this bug and resolve bad save states, and we are still investigating other potential causes.
VARIOUS PS4 TROPHY BUGS
- Presentation: Reported issues with an array of trophies, including:
- Former Glory: Complete the “Iconic Avengers” mission chain
- Old Fashioned Beat Down: Complete HARM Challenges I to V
- The Best Defense: Defeat any 20 different enemy types
- Tentative Peace: Complete 15 Villain Sectors
- Gold Star Success: Complete 100 assignments
- Holding it Down: Complete 30 War Zones at Challenge III or higher rating
- Status [9/18]: Fixed several known issues around PS4 Trophy bugs. We are actively investigating the remaining.
UNABLE TO ACCEPT DAILY FACTION MISSIONS/VILLAIN SECTORS
- Presentation: Missions show up as already completed and do not refresh, which does not allow users to accept new ones in order to play them, causing them to miss out on rewards.
- Status [9/18]: We are actively investigating
VARIOUS SKILL POINT BUGS
- Presentation: This presents one of several ways, including:
- Hulk having an extra skill point at 50
- Kamala missing a skill point at 50
- Thor missing a skill point at 50
- Black Widow missing a skill point at 50
- Status [9/18]: We are actively investigating.
Once we get wind of more news regarding these bug fixes and other Marvel Avengers news, we’ll let our readers know.