Infinity Ward has just released a new patch for the PS3 version of Modern Warfare 3, and published the patch notes for earlier PS3 and PC updates.
Patch 1.14, or title update #14, for Modern Warfare 3 is now available to download on PS3, weighing in at 27MB. While it’s still unknown what exactly the new patch has addressed, MP1st reader Moriarty referred us to a recent forum thread, where an Infinity Ward developer mentioned yesterday that the next update will further address matchmaking. The developer stated, “It [matchmaking change] will arrive with the next TU. On other platforms we are pushing for an emergency TU to coincide as soon as possible to its arrival on Xbox.”
He also listed other changes in the works that could have been included in today’s update. Of course, we’ll keep you posted as soon as the official patch notes are made public.
- The team are looking into both the SRP/DS issue when a player is using both perks.
- They are also testing the functionality of Blindeye when it appears as part of a Specialist Strike Package.
- Lastly, the next TU will patch a glitch allowing Elite users to apply dual attachments with other weapon proficiencies.
In terms of older patch notes, Infinity Ward has released the change lists for PS3 patch 1.13 and PC 1.12. We were able to figure out almost everything noted below when the patches went live on May 8th for PC and May 10 for PS3:
Patch 1.12 (PC)
- Support for Collection 1.
- Caught up on hot fixes and glitches made to date on other platforms. (You can see all the official patch notes here)
- Added FFA Gunplay and Infected to play lists.
Title Update #13 (PS3):
- Dead Silence/Sit Rep Pro functionality fix.
- Support for Elite Drops 7 and 8
Thanks to Moriarty, Gav, and HyperMole for all the help.
You can find our latest Call of Duty news here.