As promised, Modern Warfare 3 players on Xbox 360 will be treated to a new patch tomorrow, June 19th. Patch 1.16 (or title update #16) will add competition mode, lay the groundwork for upcoming matchmaking updates, reduce DMH’s effectiveness, and more.
Along with patch 1.16, Xbox 360 Elite premium members will receive new DLC drops, which you can learn more about through here.
Here are the official patch notes:
- Added Competition Mode to System Link (LAN).
- Add telemetry for matchmaking for future improvements.
- NOTE: Matchmaking changes coming after patch with this new data.
- Dragunov (Weapon)
- Multiple tweaks including reduced kick to bring it more in line with RSASS
- Dead man’s hand (Deathstreak)
- Reduced explosive radius apx. 25%.
- Blast Shield (Perk)
- Increase damage reduction for Blast Shield in hardcore modes.
Misc Bug Fixes:
- Fix for not all Domination defenses counting towards your “Defends” stat.
- Kill Confirmed – Update the player score before updating the team score.
- Fixed bug where the Blind Eye kill streak is taken from the player on round transition if earned from getting 8 kills.
- Fixed bug where the Blind Eye kill streak is taken from the player if earned within 5 seconds of spawning.