Infinity Ward has announced that a new FFA Modern Warfare 3 community playlist, Gunplay, will be dropping this weekend on Xbox 360 and PS3.
“The FFA Gunplay playlist cycles 4 different modes,” explained BanCandy on the official forums. The playlist will go live on March 30th, and marks the third community playlist to be added to Modern Warfare 3. It’s unclear whether the other two community playlists, Drop Zone and Infected, will both stay or not. Last month, Infinity Ward decided to replace Drop Zone with Infected at first. That decision was met with anger from the fans that lead to Drop Zone being reintroduced. Update (thanks to James): Infinity Ward confirmed that the other two playlists will stay put. Ban Candy explains, “not losing anything, this [Gunplay] will be in addition to Infected and Drop Zone.”
Fan favorite Black Ops wager match game types, Gun Game in 2 variations and One in the Chamber, will be included along with player named All or Nothing. All four game modes will be available tomorrow on Xbox 360 and PS3. It’s unknown if PC players will get the playlist at some point.
Here are the four different modes detailed as written by BanCandy:
There are 2 Gun Game variations.
- One variation uses an 18 gun progression including 2 sniper rifles to separate the men from the boys.
- The second variation cycles 6 guns 3 times (no sniper rifles) so learn the 6 gun progression and pace yourself through the 3 waves.
One In The Chamber uses the P99 handgun.
- Players begin with one bullet and earn a bullet for every kill (with gun or tactical knife).
- Elimination occurs after 3 deaths but the last 3 players will be visible on the mini-map to keep the action rolling.
- Eliminated players can chase remaining players in spectator mode and back a winner of their choosing by selecting them.
- Selecting a player that you’re spectating gives you 150 XP for each of their subsequent kills so you can still stay in the game after you’re eliminated
Lastly there is a new variation on Free For All that was created by our community and we LOVE. Players call it All Or Nothing.
- All players spawn with the USP .45 handgun with no ammo and a Throwing Knife.
- The loadout includes the Hardline perk and Specialist point streak with Scavenger in the first slot.
- As you get kills, you pick up scavenger packs and get ammo.
- Once you’re killed you spawn back with no ammo and start again.
- It’s like One in the Chamber meets Infected with plenty of hilarity mixed in.