A new Need for Speed Payback update is now available across all platforms. Its purpose is “to make the progression, especially around the ownership of cars, a much more enjoyable experience.”
The update increases in-game rewards across a variety of events, allowing players to progress at an increased speed.
Here’s a list of what’s changed:
– Increased the amount of REP awarded by taking part in events.
– Increased the amount of Bank awarded by taking part in events.
– Bait crates now reward increased REP.
– Bait crates now reward increased Bank.
– Competing against a Roaming Racer will reward you with increased REP.
– Competing against a Roaming Racer will reward you with increased Bank.
– Air Suspension will now appear more frequently within Shipments.
– Slightly increased REP and Bank for finishing an event outside of first place.
Ghost Games has described these changes as “phase one” and have assured players that “further tweaks” are coming:
Coming shortly will be some changes to the way tune-up shops work, especially around the quality / level of parts they stock. More on that soon.
A dev-tip was also provided, recommending players recycle speed cards for tokens:
It is worth noting that we do encourage you to recycle your speed cards for tokens. Targeted rolls are a very good alternative to tune-up shops. Definitely worth buying out the parts from the tune-up shop and recycling them.
Some great changes for players who felt that progression was a little too slow!
In other Need for Speed news, the latest trailer showcases key characters and features, the previous update fixed crash issues and sound problems, and a Ghost Games developer defended the game’s microtransactions.