Cryptic Studios has released a new title update for Neverwinter on consoles today with the Neverwinter update 9.04 April 29 patch. This brings a few fixes for the April Fowls event, gameplay fixes and more. Check out the comprehensive patch notes below.
Neverwinter Update 9.04 April 29 Patch Notes:
- Chickens in the distance, in the last area of the Sewers Most Fowl mini-dungeon, should no longer show strange wing clipping artifacts, next time this event runs.
- Crown of the Concussed now properly shows its effects on dragonborn characters.
- Fight of the Fowls should no longer reset standard PvP leaderboard stats.
- Ring of Fowl Weather no longer incorrectly hits a second time for 1 damage.
- Rover’s fire patch should more consistently show up next time this event runs.
- Hell Pit no longer has an item level restriction.
- Characters and enemies are now scaled up to 40,000 Item Level. Characters above this item level are not scaled down; please feel free to rip and/or tear as desired, until the event is done.
- Currencies granted by this event have been updated to match the updated event store shared by this event and Harvester of Nightmares.
- Legendary Insignia Choice Pack now properly shows that it’s bound to account on pickup.
- Players who participated in previous runs of Hell Pit should properly be able to participate in this run.
- The exit portal now properly returns players to an appropriate location in Protector’s Enclave.
- The personal quest for Hell Pit should now properly auto-drop when the event ends.
- Known issue: The quest does not drop if players have it in a completed state. We do not recommend trying to get a head start on future runs of this event in that way, because it will not allow more than 21 daily completions per event.
- There should no longer be a chance for players to lose the ability to participate in this event, if they drop the quest in certain unexpected ways.
- Known issue: If a player accepts the Hell Pit quest, then deletes the character before they complete it and turn the quest in, they will be unable to accept the quest on any other character on the account.
- The event calendar has been updated through late May. As always, event timing is subject to change.
Content and Environment
- The Bashin’ Ordur Treasurer can now have his treasures taken from him by players with Thievery Kits! He carries treasure appropriate for all classes in Neverwinter, so be on the lookout for him.
- The minimap should now be less visually offset.
Vault of Stars
- Corpse Flowers will no longer prevent the player from advancing after the maze by remaining in combat indefinitely.
- The achievement, Elusive Prey, can once again properly be completed if a player had previously failed its associated mechanic.
- The achievement, Wish upon a Star, should now grant a title. Anyone who has already completed this achievement will receive the title upon entering the dungeon.
- The Queen of Air and Darkness no longer repeats a voice line for every player who enters the maze.
- The mount merchant has found a cozy new place to relax where he won’t obstruct any of the new mounts.
- Blackdagger Ruins: The scuttled ship should be in a less inconvenient location around Garl Gnarlclaw.
- Neverdeath Graveyard: Clockwork Tomb: The clocks no longer show some super weird blocky planes.
- The “Epic Hero” mail received at level 60 now properly guides players to appropriate content.
- Master of the Hunt, from the initial Fury of the Feywild release, now properly awards new campaign currency.
Combat and Powers
- Ring of Fowl Weather: This ring may now show improved visual effects
Classes and Balance
- Cleric (Arbiter): Sacred Flame now properly deals 100 Magnitude of damage.
- Ranger (Warden): Cordon of Arrows: Strong Grasping Roots should now properly be applied earlier, and properly spread to nearby targets.
- Rogue (Assassin): Duelist’s Flurry: Path of the Blade can now only proc Duelist’s Shadow on the initial cast, rather than also through later damage events.
- Blurred Vision now properly applies its effect.
- Deceptive Insight now properly applies Combined Ratings.
- Dulled Senses now properly applies its effect.
- Minstrel’s Discipline now properly applies Combined Rating to the player character.
- Slowed Reactions now properly applies its effect.
- Weapon Break now properly applies its effect.
- At-Will Perk: Different ranks of this item power no longer incorrectly stack.
- Boots of the Herald: The tooltip now properly states that these grant 1% Defense, rather than 1000 Defense Rating.
- Goristro’s Horns: The buff provided by this item now displays an icon.
- The following Undermountain Weapon Set Bonuses should now grant percentage Total Contribution to Stats.
- Mountaineer Set
- Alabaster Set
- Burnished Set
- Explosive Equalizer: This power’s damage is no longer delayed 1.5 seconds after the visual effects.
- Legendary Hellfire Engine: This mount now consistently faces its target.
- Rejuvenating Favor: The buff provided by this power now displays an icon.
Enemies and Encounters
- Acquisitions Incorporated: The possessed statue should now properly deal more than 1 damage.
- Sisters of Strahd: The health of these bosses has been reduced.
- Avernus: Nightspine’s health has been reduced.
Master of the Hunt
- Runners and Hounds of the Hunt from the Master of the Hunt Skirmish now deal the appropriate damage with their melee attacks. (This has increased their damage.)
Tomb of the Nine Gods
- Bigby’s Grasping Hand now has less health.
- Ras Nsi’s Atropal Cry power now deals less base damage.
- Ras Nsi’s applied vulnerability now makes affected characters 10% more vulnerable, reduced from 25% more vulnerable.
Tower of the Mad Mage
- Halaster’s Electrified Floor no longer deals 0 damage.
Zariel’s Challenge (Normal)
- Zariel’s Sword Portals have had their blades sharpened again. They had gotten a bit dull after so much use.
Items and Economy
- Rank 1 of Tymora’s Spinning Coin now has stats appropriate for the updated combat system.
- Siegebreaker’s Banner now grants 5000 Critical Avoidance and 5000 Critical Severity at Max Quality, up from 2500.
- Warlock weapons: The artifact modification that previously improved Essence Defiler now properly increases the healing of Infernal Barrier by 10%.
- Players may need to unequip and re-equip the item for this change to apply.
- Lion Guard’s Armor for Rogues now grant the correct Combined Ratings.
- Lion Guard’s Raid Hat’s name been corrected from “Nightshade’s Raid Hat”.
- More pieces of Companion gear can now properly be converted to Refinement Points.
- The new gear for Episode 2, which had started dropping early, now has the correct stats, names, and icons.
- All Mythic quality mounts should consistently show the extra-safe discard prompt upon attempted discard.
- Lliira’s Bell items can no longer be unequipped while they’re on cooldown.
- Mount Collars no longer give Item Level even when they’re not equipped to an active mount.
- Prestine Rings have been polished and are now Pristine Rings instead.
- Seal of the Dark Fey can no longer be received.
- Seed Bread: This food now shows correct values in its tooltip.
- The Eladrin companion now properly has a Collections entry.
- The Enchanting Lockbox is now supposed to be available as of this update. Several bugs have been fixed since the accidental brief release earlier this week.
- Dragon Eggs (an obsolete Professions material) can no longer be purchased from the Dragon Scale Merchant.
PvP Leaderboard Compensation
- Have you or a loved one been subject to PvP leaderboard progress loss in the previous season? You may be entitled to compensation.
- Qualification criteria:
- A character had played in any of the three standard 5v5 PvP Domination maps between March 11, 2021 at 7:00 AM PST, and April 8, 2021 at 7:00 AM PDT.
- That character had also participated in the “Fight of the Fowls” PvP queue between April 1, 2021 at 07:30 AM PDT, and April 8, 2021 at 7:00 AM PDT.
- If any character on your account qualifies, you will receive an in-game mail when this patch goes live containing a Coalescent Ward for each character on the account that fits the above criteria.
- Manycoins Bank Heist now has a chance to drop the Apocalypse Dagger at Silver and Gold ranks.
- Previously, this could drop for players who had completed the Portobello’s Game campaign. Now, it’s open to all.
- Starting with this patch, drops of this artifact will be Bind on Equip instead of Bind on Pickup. (Existing daggers are still bound.)
- Race unlocks should once again function more consistently. (We’re still looking into reported issues with the token granted by the Metallic Dragonborn Race Reroll Bundle.)
- Sharandar Campaign Store: Shattered Diamonds are now properly sold in batches of 1 for 1,000 of the appropriate currency, rather than batches of 20 for 20,000.
- Players who had previously purchased the Frost Mimic companion can now reclaim it on other characters on the same account even outside the Winter seasonal event.
- Quest givers no longer incorrectly show a “Quest Available” indicator if all their quests are blocked by other requirements.
- PvP wins no longer also add to the loss counter.
- Guised Wristguard of the Wyrm no longer causes the player character’s hands to disappear.
- An unexpected hairstyle is no longer available in character creation or the Tower of Augmentation. Characters who have this hair are expected to be able to keep it until the next time they change their appearance at the Tower of Augmentation.
Performance and Stability
- Players should be significantly less likely to stall in patching.