A new game update is now available for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC versions of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare that, among many other things, introduces a new way to score Supply Drops on a daily basis.
From today on, players will be able to take on Daily Challenges that will be displayed in both the “Find Match” menu and “Challenges” menu. Completing that challenge will reward you with either an XP bonus and a Supply Drop, or a rare piece of Character Gear from the brand new KVA Recon Character Gear Set, pictured below:
According to developer Sledgehammer Games’ latest news update, the Daily Challenges will be issued in a number of different game modes and will range from completing game mode objectives to scoring a certain amount of kills with a chosen weapon type and more.
Daily Challenges isn’t all today’s update introduced, however. Players will hopefully notice connection and matchmaking improvements after downloading the patch. By request, the skull HUD element has been removed from the System Hack Scorestreak and the timing between kills to score a Multikill has been increased. The update also introduces new UI and security improvements and irons out an issue that caused the new AE4 Assault Rifle DLC weapon to not unlock properly for Season Pass holders on Xbox One and Xbox 360.
There’s a lot more, and the full list of patch notes can be fond below.
Advanced Warfare December 18 X1, PS4, & PC Update
- Fixed unlocking issues with the AE4 for Digital Edition owners that own Season Pass. (Xbox only)
- Matchmaking improvements.
- Connectivity improvements.
- Removed skull HUD element from System Hack Scorestreak UI effect.
- Adjusted the score value the System Hack Scorestreak.
- Increased the timing between kills to count Multikills.
- Addressed rare issue where CTF flag was not being returned immediately.
- Fixed rare crash issue when switching profiles.
- Adjusted the time limit expiration for Red Baron gear after challenge has been completed.
- Fixed various out of map exploits.
Security and Anti-Cheat Updates:
- Updated Security features.
- Updated base AE4 icon as it was displaying the AE4 Widowmaker weapon.
- Updated Playlist Menu.
- Fixed issues with localization copy in the in-game store.
- Updated sorting of Character Gear within Customization menu.
- Added new Supply Drop Daily Challenges.
- Fixed an issue where Clan Wars Bonus XP was not being awarded.
Broadcaster UI Updates:
- Addressed rare issue with eSports Broadcaster HUD disappearing.
Ranked Play Updates:
- Addressed issue where Join Session in progress in Ranked Play was still active.
- Addressed issue where players where dropping multiple divisions after a match in Ranked Play.
- Addressed rare issue with wins counting as losses in Ranked Play.
Update: The PC version today’s Advanced Warfare patch also includes all of the updates that were introduced in the latest console update earlier this month. If you’d like to check out the full list of PC-specific patch notes, head to this page.