Users logging in to Destiny today will be prompted to download a small hot fix that will prepare the game for the launch of the Hard Mode version of Crota’s End six-player Raid.
It also includes a few minor fixes for the current raid which you can read up on in the patch notes below.
Officially launching at or shortly after 10AM Pacific Wednesday morning, Destiny community manager “DeeJ” left a set of instructions for those hoping to be among the first to tackle the new, tougher version of Crota’s End:
- “Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Bungie“
- “Open your Destiny application on the console of your choosing”
- “Wait at the opening login screen”
- “Stay tuned for Twitter updates, starting at 10AM Pacific”
- “Once we’ve given the green light, sign in and set Destination for Moon”
- “Hard Mode is Crota’s End, Level 33”
“NOTE: If you are already signed in, you can try to return to Orbit from a Destination. However, the best plan of attack is listed above.”
Will you be among the first to defeat Crota in his more difficult form?
Destiny January 20 Hot Fix Notes
- Prepared Hard Mode for manual activation on Wednesday, January 21st
- Updates on exact go-time will be given via Twitter after 10AM Pacific
- Players are no longer able to de-spawn enemies after activating bridge plates and holding a specific spot
- Fixed a rare issue that caused Crota to stop summoning Oversouls