A hefty game update for Killzone: Shadow Fall is now available to download for gamers on the PlayStation 4.
While it addresses a good chunk of bugs, server crashes, and multiplayer exploits, the bulk of the patch is actually made up of brand new features, some of which were hinted at earlier by developers Guerrilla Games.
Among other things, the update introduces team-based in-game voice chat, in-game party invites, support for multiplayer voice packs, and personalization tweaks. Talking a little bit more about the update is Game Director Steven ter Heide in a video that you can check out in the featured section above. (Fantastic sweater, Steven.)
He also talks about the recently released Killzone: Shadow Fall multiplayer trial that PS Plus members can participate in right now and mentions a few DLC plans as well. Meanwhile, you can catch the full patch 1.07 notes below.
Killzone: Shadow Fall Patch 1.07 Notes
New implemented features/improvements
- Added team-based in-game voice chat.
- Added the ability to mute specific players to the in-game scoreboard.
- Added the ability to mute all players to the Audio options menu.
- Added support for color blindness to the Display options menu.
- Added the ability to allow/disallow voice chat in Custom Warzones.
- Added support for multiplayer voice packs
- Updated the multiplayer personalization menus with voice pack and skin support.
- Added links to DLC content on PlayStation Store in areas where DLC and personalization packs can be selected or used.
- Added an explanation of Warzones to the main menu (visible only to first-time multiplayer players).
- Added the ability for players to delete their moderated Warzones.
- Updated the Remote Play button assignment.
- Increased the running speed while using the Cloak ability.
- Added an Invite-to-Party button to player cards.
- Removed the checkpoint text when not saving to disc, to make it less confusing for players.
- Increased the brightness on The Handler, section Last Stand to make spotting enemies less difficult.
- Increased the size of the objective icon and changed the image to make it more visible to players.
- Added a new Warzone customization option: Disable weapon drops.
- Added a suicide option to the multiplayer options menu.
- Changed the color of party members on the radar to blue.
- Removed the player’s rank/challenges completed from the in-game scoreboard.
- Added base camp turret icons to the radar.
- Fixed several exploits in multiplayer.
- Fixed several crashes.
- Fixed a bug where the names of cloaked teammates did not appear above their head.
- Fixed a bug where the gravity well did not open in some occasions in the campaign level The Dead, section Tyran Lives.
- Fixed an issue where if all users leave a party mid-game, the teams are not rebalanced when the map rolls over.
- Fixed a bug where the player’s save data is corrupted if they reboot the title while a patch is being downloaded.