Heroes, Blizzard Entertainment has released the new Overwatch update 3.11 May 18 patch, that brings the Overwatch Anniversary 2021 event into the fold, and a few gameplay fixes. Head on below for the full patch notes.
New Overwatch Update 3.11 May 18 Patch Notes:
OVERWATCH ANNIVERSARY 2021
We’re celebrating Overwatch’s fifth anniversary with brand new items, including Legendary skins like Funky Baptiste, Venus Moira, Junkfood Junkrat, and more! Participate in the weekly anniversary Challenges for even more amazing rewards, such as Cybermedic Ana, Bird of Paradise Echo, and the 8 Ball Wrecking Ball skin.
If you missed any Overwatch events from the previous years, you’ll be able to unlock items from past events using credits or by opening Loot Boxes. Every day, we’ll feature a set of your favorite seasonal brawls in the Arcade.
Thank you for playing Overwatch with us for half a decade. We can’t wait to show you what we have in store for Overwatch 2!
Feature Update: Nameplate Voice Icons
Nameplates now indicate which teammates are speaking in Team or Group voice chat channels. This feature is also available for Match voice chat channels when enabled in Custom Games. The voice icon color will match the color of the voice chat channel players are speaking in.
Overwatch League Away (White) Skins
Players who have previously earned a hero’s Overwatch League Home (Gray) skin through historical promotions will now be automatically granted that hero’s corresponding Overwatch League Away (White) skin.
- Competitive Deathmatch Season 4 has begun! Now through June 8th, 2021, compete in Competitive 8-player free for all Deathmatch to earn a rank and rewards.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from being selected on the player list within the replay controls when using a mouse
- Fixed a bug with team composition tips appearing on hero select in non-Role-Queue 6v6 game modes
- Fixed a bug that prevented Hero Select from opening properly on Horizon Lunar Colony under specific circumstances
- Fixed a bug that caused some heroes to not restore their ability charges immediately after respawning
- Fixed a bug that caused voice lines found in Loot Boxes to not play their waveforms when inspected
- Fixed a bug that caused players to become stuck on top of some map geometry
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to stand on top of the bell
- Updated a location to no longer be reachable by players
- Fixed a bug that allowed phased out teammates to be healed by Baptiste’s Biotic Launcher
- Fixed a bug that caused the lingering aura of an expired Immortality Field to remain on a player who leaves the expired field’s area of effect
- Fixed a bug that caused Junkrat’s RIP-Tire to teleport to the floor if his ultimate is triggered from a high ledge
- Fixed a bug that caused the default RIP-Tire portrait to appear when equipping specific skins
- Fixed a bug that caused Toxic Roadhog’s hook to flicker on low settings
For the Overwatch Anniversary 2021 new rewards and details, head on below.
- This year, we’re introducing a new way to earn rewards for Anniversary.
- Play 9 / 18 / 27 games in Quick Play, Arcade, or Competitive Play to earn rewards
- Winning games doubles your points
- Legendary Skins:
- Black Cat Sombra
- Funky Baptiste
- Junkfood Junkrat
- Venus Moira
- Gladiator Doomfist
- Epic Skins:
- Week 1: Cybermedic Ana
- Week 2: Bird of Paradise Echo
- Week 3: 8 Ball Wrecking Ball