Sony and Capital One have joined forces to create the “PlayStation Credit Card”, which is apparently “created with gamers in mind.” It rewards you for making PlayStation Store purchases, buying PlayStation and Sony products, and more. Points are awarded with each use, with a $50 PlayStation Store voucher awarded after the first purchase.
Points can be spent on games, consoles, downloadable content, subscription services, Sony electronics, movies, music, experiences, and more.
Here’s how the points system scales with each type of purchase:
- 5X points when you use the card at PlayStation Store
- 5x points on all PlayStation and Sony purchases at authorized retailers with purchase confirmation using a Sony Rewards Bonus Points form
- 3X points when you use the PlayStation Card to pay your mobile phone bill
- 1X points on all other every day purchases
Cardholders will also be entitled to the following exclusive benefits:
- No annual fee
- Customize your card for free with multiple game-inspired designs (after you become a card member and create an account at capitalone.com)
If you like the sound of this, you can apply here.
Tell us what you think of the PlayStation Credit Card in the comments below!