Sony has begun rolling out the new PS5 Update 21.02-04.02.00.02-00.00.00.0.0 across regions, and although we just got some major features in the last update, don’t expect anything big here outside of improved performance.
New PS5 Update 21.02-04.02.00.02-00.00.00.0.0 Patch Notes
File Size: 913MB
- This system software update improves system performance.
To download this new update you can do so under system software updates located in the settings menu on the PS5. If you need to download the file and update manually, steps are included below.
How to Update a PS5 Over a USB
- Using a PC or Mac, create a folder named “PS5” on a USB drive formatted as FAT32. Inside that folder, create another folder named “UPDATE”.
- Download the update file (link here) and save it in the “UPDATE” folder. Save the file as “PS5UPDATE.PUP”.
- Plug the USB drive containing the file into your PS5 console.
- Start the PS5 console in Safe Mode: press and hold the power button, releasing after the second beep.
- Select Safe Mode option 3: Update System Software.
- Select Update from USB Storage Device > OK.
That is really all there is too this update, although if we spot anything new that is reported from the community we will be sure to update this post. For now, go and enjoy some improved system performance!
And just in case you did happen to miss the news, the last PS5 system update finally added the long awaited support for m.2 SSD. You can read the full details here: New PS5 Update 21.02-04.00.00.42-00.00.00.0.0 Now Out, File Size & Details Listed
Source: PS5 Software