A major patch for Ubisoft’s open-world action-espionage title Watch Dogs is being deployed across all platforms in the coming days and weeks, fixing a number of bugs and introducing a few optimizations for the PC version of the game.
According to the studio, the update will be available for the PlayStation 4 today, the PlayStation 3 “shortly,” the PC in the “coming days,” and the Xbox One and Xbox 360 “within the next week.”
Here are the full notes:
Major Game Fixes
- Automatically reconstructed corrupted save files which prevented loading to go further than 90%. Some collectibles may remain unrecoverable.
- Fixed the issue preventing players from using hacks in game.
- Fixed several mission-breaking bugs.
- Fixed minor mission and item-related issues.
- Fixed the issue that caused the empty weapon-wheel.
- Fixed several minor respawn issues.
- Fixed some connection and session joining issues.
PC Specific Fixes
- Fixed graphical glitches on Low & Medium settings.
- Fixed some crashes on SLI configurations.
- Implemented several performance improvements.
- Implemented a few control improvements.
- Fixed issues causing infinite messaging and timing-out when trying to access the Online Shop from the Extras Menu while Uplay is set to Offline mode.
- Fixed issues connecting to a Multiplayer game.
- Implemented several mouse modifications.
- Fixed “Drinking Game” control issue where wrong information was displayed when played with a gamepad.
- Fixed “Chess Game” control issue.
- Fixed bug where the invasion setting was never saved.
- Fixed graphical issues during cut scenes and cinematics.
- Fixed several graphical and texture bugs.
- Removed Vista OS check to prevent false positives.
- Added game version in main menu.
Watch Dogs is now out on all platforms. What are your thoughts on the game a few week into launch?
Thanks, Oblivion Lost667, for the tip!