Bungie’s newest weekly update is out and, in it, the studio addressed a couple of noteworthy tweaks that are being introduced to Destiny in the coming weeks.
Following this past week’s weapon balance update, Bungie has stated their intent to revisit the changes that were applied to the highly sought-after Exotic Vex Mythoclast Raid weapon. While an appropriate ‘nerf’ was applied to it in PvP scenarios, the tweak ended up weakening it a little too significantly in Destiny’s PvE environments.
According to Bungie’s most recent notes, here’s what’s happening in the next Hot Fix, coming “soon”:
- We are adjusting the base damage on Mythoclast. We are going to find a value that works for both PVP and PVE.
- In addition, we intend to raise Mythoclast’s attack value above and beyond the other exotics. Attack value dictates how much damage players deal to combatants and Mythoclast attack value being raised will make it more effective in PVE.
In addition, the update will also address a few unintentional mechanics in the Vault of Glass Raid. For instance, the final boss, Atheon, will no longer be able to fall of the ledge near his spawn and players he teleports to alternate dimensions during the battle will now be chosen at random:
- We’ve added “baby bumpers” to areas where players could knock Atheon out of the environment.
- Knocking a boss off a ledge is a bug. We will seek to address bugs like these as quickly as possible.
- A change will take effect next week which fixes a bug with Atheon’s target selection. When using its Timestream ability, Atheon will select 3 players at random, instead of choosing the three players furthest from it.
According to Bungie, it may be a while before some of these changes take effect, as the studio has “a more substantive update in certification right now, which slows down [their] ability to make changes to the Live game.”
Keep your sights on MP1st for more updates on Destiny.
Source: Bungie Weekly Update