As Destiny’s House of Wolves expansion approaches, developer Bungie has plans to implement a few new tweaks to the game’s weekly activities in order to keep things interesting and keep non-DLC buyers happy.
Soon, Destiny’s weekly Heroic and Nightfall strikes will reset independently of each other, meaning they’ll more than likely be different from one another each week. On top of adding some variety to Destiny’s weekly activities, it will also ensure that those who haven’t bought into any DLC will have something to do every week.
“We’ve heard the feedback from players about not being able to do the weekly activities, so two things we wanted to do were always have one of the activities available if you didn’t have one of the DLC’s,” House of Wolves Lead Designer Matt Sammons told IGN. “So you’ll never have where all of the missions are from the House of Wolves expansion. We also wanted to have more variety for all players so we’ve actually uncoupled the Nightfall and Heroic so those will be different every week now.”
New DLC missions will be featured more heavily in the first few weeks after House of Wolves’ launch, but will space out over time, Sammons added.
Many new updates are expected to launch with Destiny Update 1.2.0, which, as some of you may have already noticed, was applied to the game earlier today. The changes it presents, however, won’t take effect until later on, says Bungie.
The work being done by @BungieHelp today will deploy 1.2.0 but not activate it. Changes will go live at a later date to be announced.
— Bungie (@Bungie) May 6, 2015
Patch notes aren’t yet available, but thanks to the efforts of Destiny sub-reddit user Quinonvocabitur, we can see some or most of what Update 1.2.0 will have to offer. Here are the tentative notes that were discovered in today’s patch:
- Three maps from The Dark Below DLC will be available to all Crucible players in select playlists (Pantheon, Skyshock and The Cauldron).
- Etheric Light has a chance of being included in Iron Banner reward packages for Rank 3 and Rank 5.
- Reputation and Mark gains will double for each completed Crucible match.
- Your first match in the daily featured Crucible activity will earn you a new reward package each day.
- Legendary items will be added to post-game reward tables for all Crucible activities.
- The spawn locking issue currently affecting Iron Banner will be fixed.
- Fixed a bug where the Hive Disruptor perk on the Black Hammer would interrupt with White Nail.
- Fixed a bug where a player leaving a game or an occurrence of host migration would result in players being unable to respawn.
- Fixed a rare bug where if a player were to use a consumable it would reset their ammo.
- Increased the percent chance to obtain rewards when playing crucible.
- Players who preform at the top of their team in crucible have a greater chance of rewards as to those at the bottom.
- Fixed a bug where the time between shots of the Black Hammer to activate White Nail was reduced.
- Fixed a rare bug where a locked item could not be unlocked.
- Reduced the amount of total ammo of the perk Double Down when combined with Field Scout.
- Increased the percent chance of activating the perk Mulligan upon missing a shot.
- Fixed a bug where players were able to obtain Iron Banner weapons according to the rank of their previous Iron Banner.
- Changed the description of certain perks to be more fitting with their abilities.
- Fixed a bug where a player would lose all ammo upon switching special weapons in the crucible.
- Added reward packages for players who participate in the daily featured crucible activity for their first game.
- Added Crucible maps from The Dark Below to the normal Crucible rotation for Control, Clash, Skirmish and Rumble. (Pantheon, Skyshock and The Cauldron).
- Fixed a bug where the perks on the Vex Mythoclast would occasionally fail to load.
- Fixed a bug which allowed players to manipulate ammo when equipping an Icebreaker and switching weapons.
- Fixed a rare bug which would prevent players wearing the Light Beyond Nemesis from being revived.
- Fixed a rare bug where the Flawless Raider achievement would not show after completing it on Xbox One.
- Fixed a rare bug where players would not be able to purchase the Urn of Sacrifice from Xur.
Earlier today, Bungie provided fans with a first look at the House of Wolves’ new end-game three-player activity, the Prison of Elders. Read here to find out more and keep your sights on MP1st for more Destiny updates.
House of Wolves launches may 19.