Ghost Games has a new Need for Speed Payback update race out. and there’s both a client-side update, and an actual patch. Called NFS Payback update 1.04 on the PlayStation 4, the patch is live on all platforms and close to 5GB!
Check out the NFS Payback patch notes below (via EA):
The Changes – Already Live
- Decreased the time it takes for new parts to appear in Tune-Up shops, down from 30mins to 10mins.
- Increased the amount of REP awarded by taking part in events.
- Increased the amount of Bank awarded by taking part in events.
- Bait crates now reward increased REP.
- Bait crates now reward increased Bank.
- Competing against a Roaming Racer will reward you with increased REP.
- Competing against a Roaming Racer will reward you with increased Bank.
- Increased rate in which parts are rewarded within Ranked Speedlists.
- Air Suspension will now appear more frequently.
- Slightly increased REP and Bank for finishing an event outside of first place.
The Changes – Coming in a Patch
- Tune-up shops now stock higher quality parts.
- Improved quality of cards from targeted rolls in the Tune-up Shops.
- Increased the level on parts awarded from winning events.
- Multiple fixes to Improve stability.
- Improved game performance.
Racers should see a noticeable improvement in terms of being able to upgrade multiple cars. There’s a decrease time for parts within the tune-up shops to refresh, which has been decreased from 30 minutes to 10 minutes.
There’s also been changes to the way events, bait crates and roaming racers work. Completing any of these tasks will now grant you more in-game bank as well as more REP. The increase in winnings will allow you to purchase more cars, as well as parts. The increase in REP will have a side effect of awarding you more shipments, which in turn will lead to more bank, more part tokens and more vanity items.
Players in Ranked Speedlists will also notice an increased amount of parts being paid out. Win the Speedlist and you’re guaranteed a new part. We’ve also increased the frequency in which they are rewarded for simply playing in Speedlists.
If you notice anything else tweaked that’s not in the actual notes, let us know in the comments.