Hello Games has released the No Man’s Sky update 3.05 October 26 patch on all platforms today. Given this is an unannounced patch, don’t expect a lot of new stuff, but rather, it’s released for fixes and changes. Clocking in at 4GB on PS4, head on below for details.
No Man’s Sky Update 3.05 October 26 Patch Notes:
Hello Games has finally released the official patch notes and it’s a big one! Head on for the Halloween update details straight from Hello Games!
Update 3.05 is available on all platforms now. Alongside the new spooky content and derelict freighter rebalance, the update includes a number of fixes and improvements. Full patch notes are listed below.
This year has been so busy for No Man’s Sky, with the release of five major updates – including the massive Origins – so we hope this Halloween update comes as a nice surprise! We’re not quite done with this year yet, and should have a bit more news to announce very soon.
Our journey continues.
Thank you so much,
3.05 Patch Notes
- Derelict freighters have been rebalanced for increased challenge.
- Low temperatures are more extreme, security systems are tougher and more efficient at locating intruders, aliens are more aggressive, and all hostile lifeforms are more difficult to defeat.
- Added the possibility of looting Quicksilver to derelict freighters. This will be available for the next few weeks.
- The scrap dealer on Space Stations now stocks a range of base parts, decals, banners and a Horrific Flesh-Helmet.
- The scrap dealer now trades in a new black market currency, Tainted Metal, which can be salvaged from derelict freighters.
- The scrap dealer also now stocks Repair Kits.
- Added two new player titles, which may be earned via in-game achievements and selected at the Appearance Modifier.
- Improved the notification icons shown when entering freighters and derelict freighters.
- Fixed an issue that caused hostile creatures to fall through the floor of derelict freighters.
- Fixed an issue that caused derelict freighter doors to take too long to open.
- Fixed an issue which could cause derelict freighter messages to linger after leaving the freighter without fully exploring it.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Lost in Space mission to linger after leaving a derelict freighter.
- Fixed an issue that could occasionally cause the guild envoy and scrap dealer rewards for completing a derelict freighter to be the wrong way around in Korvax systems.
- Fixed an issue that could cause derelict freighters to despawn if the player attempted to fix or install technology on their ship while at a distance.
- Fixed an issue that could cause aquatic fauna to be listed as “extinct” when discovered.
- Fixed an issue that could occasionally prevent creatures from spawning where or as often they should.
- Fixed an issue that could cause teleporters to display the wrong galaxy name for some early galaxies.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Exocraft mining laser from harvesting resources from terrain deposits.
- Fixed an issue that could cause freighter base parts to be unpowered when constructed in specific locations within the freighter.
- Fixed an issue that could cause weather effects to occur beyond the planetary atmosphere.
- Fixed an issue that could cause frigate expeditions to reward deprecated products.
- Introduced a memory-management optimisation and fixed a number of memory-related crashes on console.
- Fixed some rare crash issues.
Apparently, chlorine farming didn’t get nerfed (as well as ActIndium prices).
Once Hello Games releases the official notes, we’ll update the post accordingly.
You can check out more details regarding the Halloween update here.
Update: We’ve updated the post with the official patch notes!