Yesterday, Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games announced DLC plans for Xbox 360 releasing this month. The studios detailed a new mutliplayer game mode that will only be available on custom maps, some of which will be free to all Modern Warfare 3 players. You can read more about the timing of DLC and how the new mode will work here.
Onto the official artwork and description of the new maps and missions as posted on the Calendar. Click on the images below for full size.
Free to Public: Erosion – Face Off Map
- Make your way through Mediterranean ruins and ancient aqueducts, using leftover Roman masonry for thousand-year-old cover in this new “Face Off” map.
Free to Public: Aground – Face Off Map
- Head to Scotland’s Orkney Islands for the latest “Face Off” map, where treacherous cliff faces, networks of caves and the rusted and ruined remains of a grounded transport ship provide for constant combat.
Multiplayer Map: Oasis – Elite Drop 9, Part of Collection 2
- Though once a picturesque escape for vacationers, the sprawling Hotel Oasis is now a Multiplayer paradise, with multiple lanes of combat built atop an ancient fortress.
Spec Ops Mission: Kill Switch – Elite Drop 10, Part of Collection 2
Armed with an Electromagnetic Pulse, your sniper team must neutralize a Russian carrier in this Special Ops Mission where only a bird’s eye view can keep your team in command as you breach the ship from underwater.
Spec Ops Mission: Iron Clad – Elite Drop 11, Part of Collection 2
- With one player helming a tank and the other escorting it on foot, you’ll clear beaches and take cover in plane wreckage as you escape Hamburg from behind enemy lines in this all-new Special Ops Mission.
- Learn more about the tank related achievements here.
Paid Face Off Map: Getaway – Elite Drop 12
- The first “Face Off” map in Modern Warfare® franchise history, what once was a tropical beach getaway boasting exotic aquariums and oversized pools is now a haven for ruthless run-and-gun violence.
Paid Face Off Map: Lookout – Elite Drop 12
- Carved into a combat-weary mountainside, this new “Face Off” map pits you against your opposition in a forward observation base littered in chokepoints and tight corridors.
In case you missed Xbox 360’s April Elite drops, you can learn more about Sanctuary and Foundation here. Sanctuary and Foundation will be a part of Collection 2 as well.