A huge Outriders patch just came out today, and it came with tons of new changes to the game, including quality of life improvements and a new celebration package for New Horizon. Head down below for a complete rundown of the new stuff that came out Outriders update 1.16.
Outriders New Horizon Quality of Life Improvement and New Horizon Celebration Package:
Quality of Life Improvements and other Upgrades and Changes
This section includes information about changes made Outriders in general since early April. Changes that have been newly implemented with the New Horizon Update are pre-faced with an [NH]. This is not an exhaustive list and we have resolved many more bugs, issues and crashes since launch.
- [NH] The video that plays when launching Outriders can now be skipped on all platforms apart from PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- [NH] Added a Quick Mark functionality to Vendors.
- [NH] Improved the readability of Mod descriptions, especially when viewed on a large TV or Monitor. This change means that certain information is now viewed on the Details window rather than in the Quick View window.
- [NH] Reduced the volume of background audio of certain menu and loading screens.
- Greatly Improved Sign In speeds.
- Fixed the Inventory Wipe bug and restored lost Gear to affected characters (May Patch).
- Increased the survivability of players through various changes, including armor and health increases and changes made to enemies including Brood Mothers, Alpha Perforos and enemy Snipers.
- Implemented a block that prevents players from kicking other players towards the end of an Expeditions session (June Patch).
- [CONSOLES] Added extra options and settings for controller customization including Deadzones, Look Sensitivity, Acceleration and Legacy layouts (June Patch).
- [PC] Added support for rebinding the Fn; Delete; End; PageDown; Insert Home; PageUp; Print Screen; Scroll Lock; CapsLock; keys. (April Patch).
- [PC] The available FOV for configuration has been increased from 90 to 130 (April Patch).
- [PC] Fixed an issue whereby old crash dumps were not being properly cleared from the player’s system. (April Patch).
- Overall improvements to improved Matchmaking and reduce the chance of matching with an AFK player (July Patch).
- The default background matchmaking setting has been changed to Closed [Previously: Open]. This change can still be reverted manually in your settings. (April Patch).
- Earthborn Gear / Hell’s Ranger DLC equipment can now be scrapped (June Patch).
- Cost of improving Rare to Epic and levelling up Epic gear from levels 1 to 30 have been lowered which made improving items cheaper in the early game (April Patch).
- Fixes to AI, including berserker pathing optimisation, skill usage, as well as reacting to and properly attacking players. (April Patch).
New Horizon Celebration Package Details
To celebrate the release of this update we have prepared a special New Horizon Celebration Package for all players, including new Demo players! Simply launch or download Outriders and start playing on any platform between November 16th, 3pm UTC / 8am PST and November 30th, 3pm UTC / 8am PST.
You will then receive a free Legendary Armour item on your most experienced character’s inventory, or your stash, within 24 to 48 hours.
Thank you for playing the Outriders New Horizon update and we look forward to seeing you on Enoch!
For a condensed rundown of this lates patch for Outriders, check out our patch notes post that will go live later today.