Blizzard Entertainment has released the Overwatch update 3.19 patch notes for October 12, and this one is for the game’s big Halloween Terror 2021 event. Head on down below for the complete patch notes for Overwatch update 3.19.
Overwatch Update 3.19 Patch Notes:
SEASONAL EVENT: HALLOWEEN TERROR 2021
Overwatch Halloween Terror returns!
During this spine-chilling in-game event, expand your collection with spooky new cosmetics and experience our limited-time PvE brawl in the chilling tale of Junkenstein’s Revenge. Face the terror of six Junkenstein’s Revenge Challenges, diabolical twists on Dr. Junkenstein’s sordid plans. Plus, overcome weekly challenges by playing Quick Play, Competitive Play, or Arcade to earn a series of unique rewards! Throughout the event, unlock new seasonal items—including legendary skins like Draugr Reinhardt, Satyr Lucio, and Vampire Hunter Brigitte—to add to our growing collection from previous years.
Season 4 of Competitive Team Deathmatch has begun!
Tuned reverb (or acoustic spaces) to address feedback regarding clarity in certain interior locations
New Hero Setting Guardian Angel Target Priority
- “Facing Target Only” (Previously “Guardian Angel Prefers Beam Target: Off”): Guardian Angel will only ever fly the the ally you are aiming at.
- “Prefer Beam Target” (Previously “Guardian Angel Prefers Beam Target: On”): Guardian Angel will fly to your beam target if you have one, if not it will attempt to use the ally you are aiming at.
- “Prefer Facing target” (NEW): Guardian Angel will fly to the ally you are aiming at. If there is not one, it will attempt to use your beam target.
- Behavior change: Holding down the button for Guardian Angel while using “Toggle Guardian Angel: On”, will now activate once a valid target is found.
- We’ve made additional changes to improve the detection of AFK players at the start of a match, including when attackers are forced back into their spawn rooms by an aggressive defense.
- Fixed a rare bug that could cause players to die immediately after the respawn timer expires before returning to the spawn room
- Fixed a bug that caused the waveform asset on voiceline previews to not animate properly
- Fixed a bug that allowed Symmetra turrets to shoot through one sided collision around the point on the Downtown map
- Fixed a bug that caused some third person sound effects to sound muffled when near the point on the Night Market map
- Fixed a bug that caused the reticle effect on her scope to appear incorrectly when the Haroeris skin is equipped
- Fixed a bug that caused her ankles to bend awkwardly when positioned on certain uneven terrain
- Fixed a bug with the Sand Castle skin description that references Summer Games 2021 rather than Summer Games 2020
- Fixed a bug with the MEKA Activated highlight intro being centered incorrectly when previewed in a loot box on the Kanezaka map
- Fixed a bug that caused several Mercy skins to not display their friendly clone visual effects hair overlays when using the Valkyrie ability
- Fixed a bug with deflect sound effects not ending if the ability is canceled early if the Pacific All Star Genji skin is equipped
- Fixed a bug that could cause Guardian Angel to be canceled if the target moves away quickly
- Fixed a bug that allowed Reinhardt to perform an extra jump after falling from high area while performing Earthshatter
- Fixed a bug that caused spectators to be unable to see an invisible Sombra while spectating her in third person
- Fixed a bug that caused Photon Barrier to continue to block damage after the visual effects despawn
- Fixed a bug that caused both the hammer and rivet gun to appear together during the Overload emote if the Ironclad or Chief Engineer Lindholm skins are equipped
In addition to the patch notes, Blizzard also revealed the rewards and schedules for this big Halloween Terror 2021 event. Check them out below.
JUNKENSTEIN’S REVENGE – WEEKLY CHALLENGES
- Play 9 / 18 / 27 games in Quick Play, Arcade, or Competitive Play to earn rewards.
- Winning games counts as playing two games.
- All Junkenstein’s Revenge missions will be available throughout the event (Vengeful Ghost, Volatile Zomnics, Mystery Swap, Frenzied Stampede, Three They Were, Shocking Surprise)
- Week 1
- Play 9 Games | Skeleton Genji Spray
- Play 18 Games | Skeleton Genji Player Icon
- Play 27 Games | Skeleton Genji Epic Skin
- Week 2
- Play 9 Games | Einherjar Zarya Spray
- Play 18 Games | Einherjar Zarya Player Icon
- Play 27 Games | Einherjar Zarya Epic Skin
- Week 3
- Play 9 Games | Clown Roadhog Spray
- Play 18 Games | Clown Roadhog Player Icon
- Play 27 Games | Clown Roadhog Epic Skin
- Aside from the Weekly Challenge rewards, new rewards consist of five Legendary Skins:
- Draugr Reinhardt
- Satyr Lucio
- Vampire Bat Echo
- Coffin Bastion
- Vampire Hunter Brigitte
That’s about it for the patch, as well as rewards and schedules for Overwatch Halloween Terror 2021.
Source: Blizzard forums