Evil Mojo Games has released the Paladins update 2.34 March 31 patch, or what’s also known as the Indomitable Update! This brings the latest Champion into the game, Octavia, as well as other new content and gameplay changes. Read on for more details below.
Paladins Update 2.34 March 31 Patch Notes:
Paladins New Champion – Octavia Overview:
[WEAPON] MARKSMAN RIFLE
[ALT-FIRE] DESIGNATED SIGHTS
[ABILITY 1] COMMANDING LEAP
[ABILITY 2] DISTORTION FIELD
[ULTIMATE] CREEPING BARRAGE
[Default] Hell or High Water
- Upon landing with the Commanding Leap ability create a small pool underneath you that will heal both you and allies for 600 health over 1.5s. Octavia’s ammo is not consumed while standing inside of this field or maximum 1.5s.
[Level 2] Asymmetric Warfare
- Distortion Filed now damages enemies for 125 every .5s for the duration of Distortion Field and heals allies for 75 every .5 seconds while inside of the field.
[Level 8] Display of Force
- Enemies are rooted in place for 1.5s when they are hit by the pre fire beam and the Creeping Barrage deals 600 extra damage.
- Determined Defense
- Increase your maximum Health by 50|50.
- Increase your maximum Ammo by 2|2.
- Getting Jumpy
- Reset the Cooldown of Leap after dropping to or below 10|10% Health.
- Fire and Maneuver
- Increase your Movement Speed by 6|6% for 2.5 s after getting an Elimination or Killing Blow.
- High Ground
- Increase the jump strength of Octavia’s Leap by 5|5%.
- Air Supremacy
- Reduce damage taken by 5|5% for 2.5 s after activating leap.
- Vicious Circle
- Reduce the cooldown of Distortion Field by 0.6|0.6s after activating Leap.
- Clean Shots
- Reduce your weapon recoil by 20|20% while using Leap.
- Reduce damage taken by 5|5% while standing inside of the Distortion Field.
- Vantage Point
- Reduce cooldown of Leap by 0.3|0.3s while standing inside of the Distortion Field.
- Priority Requisition
- Reduce the cooldown of Distortion Field by 0.5|0.5s.
- Dominant Dome
- Increase the size of Distortion Field by 4|4%.
- Tactical Fire
- Generate 1|1 ammo after getting a Killing Blow or Elimination while Designated Sights is active.
- Overwhelming Force
- Eliminations or Confirmed Kills while scoped generate 2|2% Ult charge
- New Boots
- Reduce the Movement Speed penalty of Designated Sights by 20|20%.
- Snap To It
- Reduce the time it takes to bring up Designated Sights by 10|10%
- Unlocked through Season Pass 2021
- This skin will become unobtainable after Season Pass 2021 has finished.
- Unlocked with 200 Crystals or 60,000 Gold
- Obtained by Reaching Mastery level 50 with Octavia
Developer Commentary: Yagorath is heavily influencing the meta and play rates of champions at all skill levels – we are seeing that most overperforming champions have mechanics that either counter, or compliment her very well. For now we would like to bring Yagoraths power level down and see where other Champions fall, so balance will be minimal for the release of PTS. More balance adjustments may come based on PTS performance.
- Reduced Health 4,000 ➡️ 3,400
Developer Commentary: Based on Bariks current performance we are reverting his health buff from last patch.
- Corrosive Acid
- Reduced Caustic Spray initial hit damage 48 ➡️ 42
- Corrosive Acid
- Armored Carapace
- Base Damage Reduction decreased 40% ➡️ 35%
- Armored Carapace
- Caustic Spray
- Reduced initial hit damage 42 ➡️ 36
- Caustic Spray
- Reduced base Ultimate Health pool 4000 ➡️ 3500
Developer Commentary: Giant space worm is strong.
- Fixed an issue where Spawn Doors could apply damage to Reversal.
- Fixed an issue where the One Man’s Treasure would activate twice if a Turret killed an enemy.
- Fixed an issue where the projectile trail VFX would come from the wrong hand if Bomb King reloaded after throwing an odd number of Sticky Bombs.
- Fixed further issues with Corvus getting out of bounds using Projection.
- Fixed an issue where Dredge could see some 3P effects on his camera in 1P.
- Updated Protectors card text to explicitly state that the card does not activate while using Moonlight.
- Fixed an issue where Eternal and Dark Guardian skins use the Default skin’s audio instead of unique audio.
- Fixed an issue where Precision would gain stacks on targets in an Ethereal state.
- Fixed an issue where the Dense Woods card did not function.
- Fixed an issue where the Mastery Coin could get stuck on Skye’s model when using Mastery Emote at the end of round.
- Fixed an issue where Terminus’ respawn timer was reduced when executed by an enemy.
- Fixed an issue where Spawn Doors could apply damage to Power Siphon.
- Fixed an issue where Tiberius could activate the second effect of Heavy Blade with the Tigron’s Fury talent equipped while Banisher or Polymorphed.
- Fixed an issue where Torvald’s Protection activation audio would play a second time when the shield expired on the target.
- Fixed an issue where Blastflower would gain stacks on targets in an Ethereal state.
- Fixed an issue where Yagorath could swap from Travel Form to Planted Form while Banished.
- Fixed an issue where Chronos and other Cooldown-reducing effects would not reduce the Cooldown of Travel Form abilities.
- Fixed some map collision issues with Yagorath on Brightmarsh.
- Fixed an issue where the “Inverted Y-Axis” setting carried over from Controller to Keyboard and Mouse when the Player swapped Input Type.
The Battle Pass will be updated to our new Event Pass format, featuring a single-track reward system and visual overhaul. We wanted to address some of our players major concerns with our new format:
- Single Rewards track containing items for both Free and Paid Players.
- 24 Total Levels, with each level containing an impactful unlock
- 1 skin obtainable by Free Players
- Total experience required to complete the Battle Pass has been halved.
- 2-month Event Pass rotation instead of 3-months.
- Completely NEW Challenge System – Trials of the Realm.
GAME ON EVENT PASS
The Eternal Pyre Battle Pass will become unpurchasable with the release of Patch 3 — Indomitable — as we transition to our new Event Pass system with the release of our first Event Pass, Game On, purchasable for 400 crystals.
Receive instant rewards for purchasing, and unlock 24 levels of rewards as you play and complete challenges!
Players can also purchase a Buy All option to get all content in the Event Pass instantly!
Instant Unlocks (Exclusive to Event Pass Purchasers)
- Avatar Androxus
- 50% Experience and Gold Boost
INSTANT UNLOCK – Avatar Androxus
Level 12 – Full Dive Ying
Level 18 – Rezzed Ying
Level 24 – Modded Androxus
OTHER EVENT PASS EXCLUSIVE UNLOCKS
- Night Out – Evie
- Drumline – Inara
- Flowing Form – Zhin
TRIALS OF THE REALM – GAME ON
Trials of the Realm is Paladin’s newest challenge system replacing the Battle Pass Challenges, featuring weekly quests for players to tackle each patch. Completing your Trials unlocks a variety of cosmetic, currency, and XP rewards, with every Event Pass featuring a fresh set of Challenges and rewards.
Trials of the Realm can be accessed from a new menu option on the Paladins home page.
When you first open the Trials menu, there will be 8 regions that all correspond to a location on the Paladins World Map.
When a major patch goes live, players will only have access to the first Region, but each week a new region will unlock, opening up new challenges and rewards. A timer on the World Map and Region List will show how long before the next region is unlocked.
To start your Trials open up any of the regions that have been unlocked – there you will find 3 different sets of challenges, each with their own reward, represented by an iconic Paladins location.
These locations are unlocked with tickets displayed at the bottom of any region you open. Each patch you will start with two tickets, and completing a set of challenges grants you both the reward for that location and a new ticket. Open up any of the three locations inside a region, select unlock, and you will start progressing your trials!
Each set of Trials you complete has a unique reward tied to it. Whether you want crystals, avatars, Event Pass Levels, or chests – the order you unlock the rewards is determined by you!
- 300 Total Crystals
- 7 Total Game On Event Pass Levels
- 60,000 Total Gold
- Striking Snake – Mal’ Damba
- We have officially retired the Test Maps match queue.
- Players will now be able to create custom games on Test Maps.
If there are other changes in this patch not mentioned above, we’ll update the post.