During Paris Games Week, Sony announced that Sprint Vector is coming to PlayStation VR.
The release date hasn’t yet been confirmed, but we were at least treated to a new gameplay trailer. Check it out below:
And here’s what the game is all about:
Welcome to Sprint Vector championship intergalactica! The most popular game show in the universe is always scouting for stars…and its newest and brightest is YOU!
Hosted by everyone’s favorite robo-personality, Mr. Entertainment, Sprint Vector sends its intrepid contestants running, jumping, climbing, flinging, drifting, and even flying across crazy interdimensional race courses and challenge maps where your speed and finesse are put to the test. These intense head-to-head matches have become the must-see event of the millennium!
Sprint Vector is the ultimate competitive VR game: a multiplayer adrenaline platformer that merges the physical thrill of extreme sports competition with the unhinged energy of a zany game show spectacle. Survios’ innovative Fluid Locomotion System and intuitive intended motion mechanics let you comfortably attain and maintain extreme speeds in VR.
Step into the vector blades of an intergalactic star, rev up, and explode onto Sprint Vector’s colorful landscapes on a variety of races courses and challenge maps. Scale skyscraping towers, leap across treacherous chasms, plummet from perilous heights—but watch out for your fellow sprinters! It’s just one slow mine, nitro, or impulse jump between glory and defeat.
Add in a pulsing electronic soundtrack, hilarious running commentary, powerful projectiles and boosts, as well as multiplayer support for up to eight players, and you’ve got a hit show no matter what planet you’re on!
- Fluid Locomotion System: You’ll feel the rush as fluid translation and intended motion lets you attain and maintain incredible speeds with no physical discomfort.
- Active VR Gameplay: Use your entire body to run, jump, drift, zip, climb, fling, shoot, dodge, and fly with intuitive motion controls.
- Single and Multiplayer Competition: Race against up to eight contestants live before the entire galaxy, or train hard for the title on hazardous challenge maps.
- Weapons and Items: What’s a little friendly competition without a bit of self-serving sabotage? Take aim at both the course and your competitors with weapon attacks and usable items.
- Choose Your Look: From space kids and disc jockeys, to graffiti artists and gangster sharks, enjoy a diverse case of playable characters from every corner of the galaxy
- Vibrant Universe: Plunge into a colorful, bombastic spacepunk world vibrating with energy that’s sure to get your pulse pounding.