Its been a while since we last heard of the free DLC coming to PS All-Star, but Superbot Developer Daniel “Clockw0rk” Maniago, AKA Strider_Doom, has revealed some interesting notes on both Kat and Emmett.
- Mainly a rushdown character, specializes in mobility. She probably has the best mobility of all the cast due to the different ways in which she can get around.
- Her square attacks are her usual kick attacks.
- Triangles are “gravity” themed moves, including her slide and gravity kicks!
- Circle is “other” stuff, including gravity pull/push moves.
- She’s a combo character! I like to compare her to a simpler Dante in terms of her combo ability. She has simple combos that build a decent amount of AP and more advanced combos that allow her to AP burst.
- She has a really cool move with neutral Circle. She summons 3 pieces of random debris around her that she can hurl at opponents. The hurling has no startup, but she is extremely vulnerable while summoning. This move unlocks her advanced combos, as you can throw debris between attacks. For any of you MvC2 / COTA players, think Spiral’s swords.
- Her level 2 super is sick. It’s kind of like a reverse Sir Daniel level 2, except she fires downwards instead of upwards. She also has a bit of control over when and where she fires the stalagmites.
- The point of Emmett is to bring his build and battle style to PASBR. He can utilize different weapon loadouts which he summons with Triangle.
- He can summon a turret to fire at opponents for extra AP. The turret is destructible, though.
- He can also summon a Rift Extractor that generates AP, similar to PaRappa’s boombox.
- His default weapon loadout is a standard rifle. He also uses a pistol in this loadout.
- For close range battles, his Shotgun loadout is best. Fires quick, 30 AP per hit, and you can fire in multiple directions.
- Long range battles are best fought with the Rocket Launcher loadout. The rockets don’t travel super fast, but they’re aimable and will travel the entire length of the screen.
- Different loadouts will also have different grenades and mines to use.
- His square attacks are melee based attacks that don’t change. They’re a bit limited, but rightfully so considering his other tools.
- His level 1 super will change depending on which loadout you have, effectively giving him 5 supers total.
- His level 3 is a transform super similar to Sweet Tooth. He jumps in his Hawk and goes to town! The Hawk has a machine gun, aerial mines, and melee attacks. What’s interesting is that Circle will activate Flight Mode in which the Hawk flies off the screen and goes for a quick bombing run.
- Flight Mode will immediately end his level 3. Why wouldn’t you try to get some kills first before activating Flight Mode, you ask?! Well, the amount of “bombing” that the Hawk does will depend on how many kills you’ve gotten so far. So, if you’ve already scored 3 kills with the Hawk’s other moves, the bombing run won’t be as effective as it would have been if you activated at only 1 or 2 kills.
Along with these DLC characters, players will also be able to download the new map “Fearless,” which is a mash-up between Heavenly Sword and Wipeout. No release date has been set, but we can expect to hear about that real soon, but remember, once the DLC hits, they will only be free for the first two weeks of launch.