Sony just published the new PS5 Update 21.02-04.50.00 for December 1 across regions, and much like the last small update, don’t expect much outside of system performances improvements.
- Related Reading: Report: Sony Has Filed a Patent for a PlayStation Mobile Controller
PS5 Firmware Update 21.02-04.50.00 Patch Notes
Features of this update:
This system software update improves system performance™
To download (914mb required) this new update you can do so under system software updates located in the settings menu on the PS5. If you need to download the file and update manually, steps are included below.
How to Update a PS5 Over a USB
- Using a PC or Mac, create a folder named “PS5” on a USB drive formatted as FAT32. Inside that folder, create another folder named “UPDATE”.
- Download the update file (link here) and save it in the “UPDATE” folder. Save the file as “PS5UPDATE.PUP”.
- Plug the USB drive containing the file into your PS5 console.
- Start the PS5 console in Safe Mode: press and hold the power button, releasing after the second beep.
- Select Safe Mode option 3: Update System Software.
- Select Update from USB Storage Device > OK.
Like we said, don’t expect much from this update, although if there is anything new and hidden added, we will be sure to update this post.
One thought on “PS5 Firmware Update 21.02-04.50.00 Out for System Performance This Dec. 1”
Wish the update brought disc drives back to life lol. Waiting on them to send my box to send out an 8 month old PS5. Cant even eject the disc that’s in the system now =(
Comments are closed.