Quick, what’s one of the most improbable gaming crossovers can you think of that can/might happen this year? If you somehow snuck in Resident Evil 2 in there somewhere, you’re right! PUBG Mobile is crossing over with Capcom’s Resident Evil 2 (well, Resident Evil 2 Remake, to be precise), and it looks insane!
The PUBG Mobile X Resident Evil 2 event is part of PUBG Mobile’s 0.11.0 update! You can check out the full patch notes below (via PUBG Mobile):
– Added Zombie: Survive Till Dawn, a new event mode that is here for a limited time only. Fight to survive as usual on Erangel, but zombies and bosses from Resident Evil 2 will also spawn on the map! Kill them to get resources and items.
– Added weather: Moonlight to Vikendi.
– Added player Spaces, where player information and Connections are displayed. Select a friend with Synergy 400 or above as Partner to stand by your side in your Space!
– Added Pandemic Treasure event. Get your Resident Evil 2 outfits now!
– Added Anniversary Treasure event. Celebrate the game’s anniversary with all kinds of rare finishes!
– Added Resident Evil 2 main menu theme and music.
– Anniversary items are on sale while quantities last!
– Added Anniversary emotes, avatars and frames.
– Sanhok is now available in Arcade – Quick Match.
– Character image and Connections are now visible on profile.
– Added new titles: “#1/100” (permanent) and “Survivor” (time-limited).
– Some houses in Vikendi have been redesigned.
– SMG and Assault Rifles War Modes now start with double the ammo.
– Past results are now kept up to 1 month. Older data will be cleared.
– Fixed terrain display bugs for budget devices.
If you haven’t played Resident Evil 2 Remake, I suggest you do. Go read our spoiler-free review to find out why.