In case you didn’t catch it, the latest Plants vs. Zombies console game got leaked last month, and it was titled Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville. Today, EA has officially announced the PvZ Battle for Neighborville release date (October 18) for PS4, Xbox One, and PC, and even released new info, and official gameplay as well!
For the official gameplay details, EA said that there will be 20 “fully customizable character classes,” with fan-fave ones like Peashooter and Chomper returning. There will be fresh new characters too. Also part of the press release is the Founder’s Pack, which is an early edition of the game that offers fans a chance to become a “Founding Neighbor,” where each week for six weeks, new parts of the game including new multiplayer modes, free-roam regions, and more will go live in the run up to the global launch on October 18. Founding Neighbors will earn exclusive rewards, carry game progression over to the full retail edition which they will get at no additional cost.
Those interested, the digital-only Founder’s Edition will become available for purchase starting today until September 30, 9 a.m. PDT for the special price of $29.99.
Here’s what you’ll get with the Founder’s Edition:
- Exclusive Founder’s rewards for the first four weeks when you log in each week*
- A special Founder’s price of $29.99**
- A dedicated Discord channel where Founding Neighbors can share thoughts with our development team
- Updates on new weekly gameplay experiences through News from Neighborville posts and our weekly PvZ developer livestream Live from Neighborville
- The progress you make in the Founder’s Edition will roll over at launch
Here’s how you can get involved:
- Get the digital-only Founder’s Edition – only available for purchase until September 30, 2019
- Play through six weeks of content as new parts of the game go live, including new multiplayer modes, free-roam regions, and more from September 4 – October 17.
- On October 18, enjoy all the same content as the $39.99** Standard Edition product at no additional cost
PvZ Garden Warfare fans, prepare for more plant-based action later this year.