Resident Evil fans on PC need to watch out, as there’s a new remake heading to the platform. However, this one is not exactly from Capcom, but a fan remake of Resident Evil Code Veronica, one of the most popular and beloved games in the series! The fan remake also now has its trailer, which you can check out below.
- Related Reading: Report: Actor for Albert Wesker Knowingly Breaks NDA; Leaks Resident Evil 4 Remake Is in Development
As you can gather from the trailer, the game uses assets from Resident Evil 2 Remake, with the Claire Redfield model lifted from the game into Code Veronica. There appears to also have been some extensive work done into making the environments, especially considering that there are only three people involved with the development.
Here are some more details on the game, as per its official page:
- It is a remake made by a group of fans. It will be released in 3 chapters
- The game will be totally FREE.
- Each chapter will have an approximate duration of 4 hours.
- Capcom has all the rights ,if they decided to cancel it, the project would be dead.
- The game will be released in multiple languages from the day of release, among them, English, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, and many more!
- The language can be changed from within the game itself, no need to download other versions
- Revisit Rockfort Island, with our new gameplay system, we have renewed the entire system that we had in the Demo to achieve more stability and get a more Resident Evil experience.
- *New animations, so that the movements feel more natural.
- *New Zombies system, now they will be able to bite you and will be more similar to Capcom zombies, if you have a defense knife, you will be able to get rid of them!
- *Now you can dodge, similar to what we saw in Resident Evil 3 Remake.
In addition to these, the developers are also planning to release a Lite version to allow PC players with lower-specced systems to enjoy the game as well. You can follow the game’s development via its official Twitter page, and let us know what you think in the comments down below!