Prepare to guide a woman caught in a strange alien planet that restarts itself every time she dies, as Housemarque has released the Returnal launch trailer — which hypes up the PS5 time loop space adventure that hits the next gen console this April 30.
Check out the trailer below — which describes time like a tide and why our main character Selene must find a way out of her predicament.
As Returnal requires you to be on their toes and creative in the roguelike shooting adventure, here are the game’s features to give players an idea of what to expect when the game hits.
- Fight to survive in this third-person roguelike shooter.
- Take on ruthless enemies in explosive, bullet hell-fuelled combat.
- Manage equipment and resources carefully – every time you die, you restart from the beginning.
- Scavenge alien tech for upgrades to enhance your abilities in future cycles.
- Piece together fragments of Selene’s memories as she seeks out answers.
- Forge a personal connection with the planet as you explore its constantly evolving and decaying terrain.
In case you bought Returnal digitally for the PS5, the game’s preload is now available for players to download for their systems.