Rocket League cross-play functionality is set to be enhanced by an upcoming “Feature Update.” This will launch during July/August. The main focus of the update is to enable friends list comprised of players across multiplayer platforms, as well as the ability to create parties and then play together online.
Here’s the relevant part of the Rocket League 2018 roadmap which describes the upcoming cross-play improvements:
Cross-Platform Friends & Parties
- Register an in-game ID that is a combination of a name with a unique code, like Scarab#7777
- Add friends from other platforms by entering their ID into the new, in-game friends list
- Party up with your new cross-platform friends and play online!
Will you be using these new Rocket League cross-play features? Let us know in the comments down below.
Source: Rocket League
- Dota-Inspired Rocket League “Rocket Pass” Announced
- Fortnite New Twitch Prime Skins Available for Amazon Prime Members
- Nvidia GPP Canceled Due to “Rumors, Conjecture and Mistruths”