Just the other day, we posted that YouTuber TheGamingRevolution has announced that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will have its own battle royale mode, which Infinity Ward could only give a “no comment” response when asked about it.
Well, TGR’s back at it again. This time, he spills the (alleged) beans on the Modern Warfare 2019 killstreak rewards! Yes, it’s currently set as killstreaks and not scorestreaks, which is a huge departure from the past Call of Duty titles from recent memory. Note that the names and abilities mentioned below are in no way 100 percent accurate, and same as in any game in development, things could change.
Modern Warfare 2019 killstreak rewards:
- Personal UAV – No mini map available in the game, this will give the earner a map which will ping enemies like your standard UAV. This will work only for the killstreak reward earner and not for the entire team.
- Shielded Turret
- Care Package – Standard Care Package that’s in every COD game.
- Scrambler Drone – When deployed by the player, will scramble radar and maps in a certain area.
- Cluster Strike – Laser bombardment by jets
- Cruise Missile – Sounds like your usual Predator Missile from past CODs.
- UAV – Standard UAV that will give your entire team access to the mini map, and will ping enemies.
- Precision Airstrike – From what was shared, sounds like your standard Lightning Strike reward.
- “Wheelson” – Small remote controlled tank – Think Cerberus from Black Ops 4
- Chopper – Will let you board a chopper and fire its turrets manually
- Chopper Support – AI will kill targets for you
- Advanced UAV – Gives access to mini map, pings targets and shows which direction they’re looking at (similar to VSAT),
- White Phosphorous – Chemical drop targeted by player
- Bradley Tank – Two-man tank controlled by player, though it’s mentioned it will only be usable in “large maps.”
- VTOL – Fighter jet that rains down hellfire on the map
- Juggernaut – Said to be the highest killstreak reward in the game so far, and will give the player lots of added firepower and armor.
The leak also mentions that there will once again be a “Nuclear” reward granted at 25 straight kills, which if it’s like similar CODs, need to be killed via weapons and nothing else. It’s unknown currently whether triggering a Nuke will end the match or not.
Lastly, it was mentioned that there was also an AC-130 killstreak reward, which was called “Gunship” since Activision has yet to secure the license to use the AC-130 name. And there’s also the Pavelow, dubbed as the “Helio,” which should be familiar to COD fans as well.
Again, all the info here should be taken with a grain of salt, since none of it have been confirmed by Infinity Ward or Activision.
If this list is true, are you good with the killstreak rewards Infinity Ward has planned or do you want them to be a bit more inventive? Also, would reverting back to killstreaks make the game less team-oriented? Sound off and let us know in the comments.