We’re almost done with 2018, but it seems the rumors aren’t done with us yet. With Mortal Kombat X released back in 2015, it looks like the time is ripe for Mortal Kombat 11 (Mortal Kombat XI?)!
- Reveal in VGA
- It will have 4 years of dev cycle (1 year concept 3 year full development) longest to date.
- Concepting actually even started while making MK X. They were always thought back to back games in terms of story
- It has proper adventure mode , new version of Shaolin Monks type of gameplay. pretty big deal , you can play and customize your character in this mode,lots of items for customize weapons etc shit too. Also boxes (daily, buyable etc..)
- Adventure mode is 2 player co-op , online or single. drop in drop out
- Story mode and adventure are different both are included. story mode is normal NRS game style.
- Story evolve about 3 main character
- Punishing raiden ; hes now punishing anyone trying to even dare to attack earthrealm
- Emperor liu kang and empress kitana ; preparing army and trying to find something of stone left from ages of those deity gods in MK universe(cant remember names elder god or something)
- Shang Tsung and Reiko they made deal with Kotal Kahn to protect and rule outworld security , reiko has it’s own agenda though gets killed middle of it.
- Uses UE4 instead of UE3 like all other games of NRS
- Animation cancel its actually not a.cancel but something of pseudo of it. Much as you can expect from a western company i guess looks infinitely better than MKX in terms of animations. Something similar to UMK.
- Fujin is playable character
- Johnny cage,goro,sonya,kano,baraka,mileena,ferratorr %100 not playable
Given the source, take this latest rumor with a big bag of salt. Mind, there’s a very good chance that it will be revealed at The Game Awards, but some of the other info could be suspect.
The wait won’t be long now. If NetherRealm really is announcing Mortal Kombat 11 next week, you can bet your sweet fatalities that we’ll be covering it ASAP.